FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tibhar Hybrid K1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar Hybrid K1
    Posted: 10/02/2016 at 5:15am
Hello,

Please write here your reviews

I'm interesting in this rubber only available on the asian market

regards
Carmelo
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
Sponsored Links

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2016 at 6:43am
If you haven't already seen it, I gave it a quick once-over here:

After a bit more time with it, I liked it slightly more because it was easy to use and effective, without being particularly memorable.  I did think a lot about switching from OVA on the FH side to it, but the lack of general availability of K1 here in europe put me off at the time, and I find OVA easier to attack with.  I don't know if it's easier to find these days.  I've still got my sheet and ponder giving it another shot every so often.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2016 at 7:36am
thanks

i didn't like the OVA so much i prefered the MXS a lot

can you compare the HK1 with the MXS?

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2016 at 8:16am
Originally posted by carmelomaf carmelomaf wrote:

OK, I was the opposite way around in the end, but both are great rubbers IMO.  I think HK1 is more along the lines of OVA though, so bear that in mind.

Sure!  HK1:
  • Is slightly tacky rather than non-tacky.
  • Has a similar sponge hardness but is more open-pored.
  • Is a bit slower than MXS and more sensitive to spin in the passive game.
  • Has a similar arc for drives and blocks, but shorter due to the lower speed.
  • Has a higher arc when brushing.
  • Supports a brush loop more at the expense of direct play (as you might expect).
I still say that HK1 is most like a slightly tacky, slightly harder-sponged Adidas P7, or Baracuda.  Or a much more linear and sensible Xiom Tau.  I haven't boosted it but I guess you could up the basic speed and catapult that way.

If I was going to go back to a tacky rubber, it would be this (if more widely available) or Target National.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2016 at 8:33am
Hello Andy,

thanks for the compare

I like chinese rubbers a lot but for modern play they are quite difficult to play with

when i was young i used only chinese rubbers, fh and bh.

Regarding MXS i use falco long booster and i'm very satisfied but i still want to try new china like rubbers at least for the fh.

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2016 at 5:40pm
If you boost mxs then you'll probably need to do the same with K1, but it's a good rubber and worth a try IMO.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2016 at 5:46am
Hybrid K1 and K1 Plus are now both available at ttnpp.
onehander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2016 at 1:08am
I've tried Tibhar Hybrid K1 Plus and it plays very much like Xiom Omega V Asia with the same high throw, but with a bit more spring from the sponge and more spin.  I would highly recommend Hybrid K1 Plus to anyone who likes OVA.  I also prefer OVA to MX-S perhaps because of the throw difference which requires too much of a grip/face angle change for me to be comfortable with.  

I don't have any experience with the regular Hybrid K1.

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2016 at 10:16am
K1 plus is the same topsheet on a harder sponge.  Now they're more easily available I'll probably give them another shot - they're cheap and very effective.  Definitely the most usable ESN rubbers with a tacky topsheet.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2017 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

OK, I was the opposite way around in the end, but both are great rubbers IMO.  I think HK1 is more along the lines of OVA though, so bear that in mind.

Sure!  HK1:
  • Supports a brush loop more at the expense of direct play (as you might expect).
I still say that HK1 is most like a slightly tacky, slightly harder-sponged Adidas P7, or Baracuda.  Or a much more linear and sensible Xiom Tau.  I haven't boosted it but I guess you could up the basic speed and catapult that way.

If I was going to go back to a tacky rubber, it would be this (if more widely available) or Target National.

two things struck me about your comments:  Short pips and also you made an emphatic point about how linear it was.  I think this is a trend in some new rubbers.  I would probably like this one a lot.

I resurrected this thread because there is evidence that Vladi is using this stuff now.
onehander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2017 at 5:13pm
You would have to get it through the Asian markets though.  So it's not that widely available.  I've been using K1+ for half a year now, and it's still my favorite.  I have not tried the new Aurus, but Andy said it's a complete departure.... the only similarity being the Tibhar name.  
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2017 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Sure!  HK1:

two things struck me about your comments:  Short pips and also you made an emphatic point about how linear it was.  I think this is a trend in some new rubbers.  I would probably like this one a lot.

I resurrected this thread because there is evidence that Vladi is using this stuff now.

K1+ is more linear still and plays a bit closer to H3N 39.  As much as the speed is very linear, the tack on the topsheet brings its own features into play - increased spin sensitivity in the passive game and the need to brush to generate arc.  Not new news to anyone who uses tacky rubbers, but at least it's a pretty cheap experiment if you buy from ttnpp.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
AndiHL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiHL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2018 at 9:33am
K1 or K1 plus? Which of the two will close the gap between OVA/MX-S and H3N prov (with two layers of Falco long) best? Or maybe the new K1 Pro???

I don't like boosting no more, so I'm looking for an alterantive to my H3N prov...

Edited by AndiHL - 03/17/2018 at 9:56am
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2018 at 10:13am
Next they will release the version with speed glue sound, the K-Pop. Wink
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2018 at 1:22pm
I think it might depend on how hard you prefer your H3N sponge once boosted.  If it's currently 39 degrees, with 2 layers of Falco, then the original K1 is probably best.  Any harder (say, H40 with Falco) then K1 Plus.

I haven't used K1 Pro - too expensive.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2018 at 8:36am
i find the the Hybrid Rubbers made in Germany very good, expecially now that i play plastic balls.

Last year i found the Golden Tango 54° very good but i still played old balls and i decide to continue to play with MXS.

In Sommer i switched to the Golden Tango PS and i find the rubber very good, a lot of grip and spin and  is fast enought, may be a 52.5° version would be also interesting.

Does someone know the differents between the Hybrid K1, K1 plus and Golden Tango PS? In common they are all Made in Germany and have a Porose Sponge

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2018 at 8:57am
I think Joola Golden Tango is also in the same league sa K1
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
GabrielTopspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2018 at 11:00am
the golden tango is a very good rubber with ok speed and very much spin,

the golden tango ps is faster and has very good spin and short game and power when needed,

the tibhar hybrid k1 pro is very fast but the spin and controll is not quite there (golden tango and golden tango ps have more spin) and it plays like a chinese rubber, with a lower throw than the joolas

the golden tangos are more hybrid rubbers than the tibhar hybrid k1 and k1 pro, for the plastic ball the golden tango ps is very good, it has a very good ball grab and tones of spin for serves
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2018 at 11:05am
Originally posted by GabrielTopspin GabrielTopspin wrote:

the golden tango is a very good rubber with ok speed and very much spin,

the golden tango ps is faster and has very good spin and short game and power when needed,

the tibhar hybrid k1 pro is very fast but the spin and controll is not quite there (golden tango and golden tango ps have more spin) and it plays like a chinese rubber, with a lower throw than the joolas

the golden tangos are more hybrid rubbers than the tibhar hybrid k1 and k1 pro, for the plastic ball the golden tango ps is very good, it has a very good ball grab and tones of spin for serves

Thanks for the info, then i continue playing Golden Tango rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic