Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

TSP Curl type

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jietops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jietops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TSP Curl type
    Posted: 08/21/2006 at 11:20am
Does anyone know what type TSP Curl did Joo Se Hyuk used? Is it the Bamboo Curl P1 or Curl P1R? What thickness? I want to try it.
Sponsored Links

President JFJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote President JFJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2006 at 2:00pm
Curl P1R. NOT the bamboo type. 1.5mm sponge. The thicker the sponge on a long pips, the more control you will have on chops. This is because LP sponges are extremely slow, so the more sponge you have, the less speed you feel from your blade.
Peace out.

JFJ
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2006 at 2:04pm
so opposite of most rubber? Like sriver is faster in max than in 1.5
kollins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2006 at 1:22am
yeah what? less sponge = decrease in overal racket speed. conversly, more sponge = faster overall blade. HOWEVER the point I THINK thats trying to be made is that LP sponge is slow as to help control and downplay the speed gains. also, choping at the distance with less than 1.0 sponge is really a lot of work and Iv found with 1.0-1.5 you can stay a bit more accurate and not gain to much speed. although your spin also becomes slightly more predictable. its always a trade off...such is life.
Shibutani ST
Tackifire C
Feint Soft
kollins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2006 at 1:23am
has anybody used any of the bamboo series pips? whats the differnce?
Shibutani ST
Tackifire C
Feint Soft
mill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2006 at 4:05am

I have used both Bamboo- OX and 0,5 and P1r - 1.1. Bamboo is a smooth pimple, you can produce no own rotation with it. It is very well suited for defending, ideally with 0.5 sponge and variation - the occasional attack, block, pressed push... As for playing a destructive game at the table, there are definetely better LP for that. This rubber makes the border between smooth and regular LP. Very good control.

As for P1r, do not expect too much. It depends on your skills and the way you play with it. It can be easily used for a safe defence with not much underspin by almost anyone. If you have the skill, you can produce heavy undrspin with it as well as no spin balls. It is the rubber of Chen Weixing who can do a sidespin aggresive push with it and of Joo Sea Hyuk who can do a heavy underspin pus with it.   

As for me, I can play only a no spin push plus safe defence and occasional heavy chop, with the amount of backspin increasing with training but I switched to penholder during summer break just for fun and I got so good it seems I am going to stick with it.

kollins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2006 at 4:49am
hahah that sidespin push of chens is so weird!
Shibutani ST
Tackifire C
Feint Soft
jietops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jietops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2006 at 8:36am
thanks President JFJ,
what is LP sponge?

is this the right picture of the blade from previous forum?
kollins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 1:52am
whos racket is that supose to be?
Shibutani ST
Tackifire C
Feint Soft
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 2:17am
well it probably isn't chen weixing's. he uses red bh and black fh.
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 11:25am
can anyone tell me the different between P!, P2 and P3
mill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 4:26am
P1 has already been described, P2 is more of a medium long pimple bith big wide pimples for a combi of defence and attack game, P3 is shorter than P1, small thin pimples, less effect than P1, more control. I havent played P2 and P3 but that is what the descrition on the cover of P1r says.
President JFJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote President JFJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2006 at 12:23am
That picture is of an imitation Joo racket. Both sides of rubber seem to be black. The reason more sponge equals less speed for long pimples is because the slow sponge gets in the way of the blade. If it's OX, and you're using a Schlager Carbon, it will be extremely fast still. With 1.5mm of slow sponge, it will be a bit slower. LP sponge=Long Pip sponge
Peace out.

JFJ
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2006 at 1:34am
no, that is just tackidrive that stuff is dark blood red
sluskas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluskas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2006 at 7:19am
Originally posted by mill mill wrote:

chop, with the amount of backspin increasing with training but I switched to penholder during summer break just for fun and I got so good it seems I am going to stick with it.

yeah right, you think you are good first chp good then penholder thats a stupid decission douchebag

mill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2006 at 2:56pm

To slukas:

It is not a spupid decision, I have to run like crazy when chopping to win matches, compared to it, penholder is physically much easier and tactically much better. In that sentence you cited I said I got at the same level with penholder as with chopping, that does not say anything about how high that level is, in fact, it is 4th league in Slovakia but I dont expect you to know where Slovakia is or anything about tt there so you dont need to be rude...  best wishes, milan

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic