Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

BTY Catapult vs Bryce

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Harold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BTY Catapult vs Bryce
    Posted: 08/23/2006 at 4:42am
Anyone can give me a review on Catapult as compared to Bryce please. Just got a piece of Bryce and thought I need a little more power. Is it also as good for spin? Appreciate your answers in advance. Any other recommendations too for faster rubbers? Not necesssarily BTY.
Sponsored Links

mafia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mafia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 5:46am

Hey Pal,

I have tried Bryce but never used Capapult, but from the comment I read Bryce is faster than Catapult.

Not sure what is your existing rubber, if your existing rubber are H3 or Sriver FX type, then you may find Bryce too fast

Maze ST
FH/BH : Palio Era 42.5 Max
Harold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 8:04am
Oh so I got it wrong, Bryce is the fastest. Anyone's got any recommenadation on other brands that's faster than Bryce? By the way, I,m using Bryce on forehand now.
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 8:37am
Might be out of the line here since I havent tried anything from BTY, but how about Juic Couga? Its only avaliable in black due to the processing techinq. I play with it and its by far the fastest rubber I have ever tried. It beats Stiga Optimum MP, Almana, Almana sound, Yasaka Mark V M2, DHS G 666 and RITC 802-1. Decent spin and for being so darn fast it actually has good control. I play it with speedglue, but from what I have heard its real great even without glue. Note; I use it on my slower paddles, when using it on my Stiga Optimum Plus I had no control what so ever. Forgott to mention, if you need a red rubber the Optimum MP is a good choise, it fast and spinny but I find it a bit harder to control then Couga even thoug its a bit slower... Probably the fastest of the other rubbers I mentioned. Also, from mouth to mouth I have been told that Yasaka V-stage is extremly fast, but since its been out there for a while I doubt that its as fast as the newer speed rubbers, but I have never tried it.
The holy grail
Harold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 9:22am

Speedplay: Ok thanks. I'm just looking for a possibility here. Which means I may or may not change my Bryce. It's new and about one of the most expensive I've bought.

Anyone: I'm just thinking. How do you rank the 3: Bryce; Juic Couga; and finally Stiga Optimum MP? Considering they are all diff brands.

Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 9:56am
If you're going to get Bryce you might as well go for the power sponge version.
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
Harold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 9:51pm
Hi Thaidog. Is that the one with the aluminium container for storage?
bigreddawgie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 12:01am
yea i hink it is the one with the c02 bag o_O ripoff.  speaking of butterfly, my pic is on the butterfly online site on the righthand side wheres theres 4 pics.  mines the bottom right in the red.  ugly pic -_-
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 1:08am
uh oh... butterfly may be advertising for Higher unknowingly
Wheelie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 5:39am
Do you speed glue your Bryce? If not then it is a total waste of money - rather buy tensor rubbers from Andro / Joola / Donic. If you do glue it you will find that it is more than fast enough for you.
Harold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 6:55am
Of these three namely Andro / Joola / Donic, can you recommend any specifically? Thanks.
Wheelie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 8:07am
I don't use tensors, I speed glue so I can't give you first hand experience.

From what I've gleaned from various forums :
Donic F1 / F2
Joola Tango
Andro Plasma 430

seem to be popular choices.
Zmeflyby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zmeflyby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 8:34pm
has anyone tried the catapult hard rubber?

Blades:
KLS and KL
Rubbers:
Sriver 2.1 FH
Sriver 2.1 EL BH

Trackfire special 2.1 FH
Trackfire special 2.1 BH
JRSDallas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JRSDallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 10:42pm

Glued Bryce is very fast and spinny....much more so than Catapult.   Speed glued Bryce also has better dwell and overall feel than Bryce power sponge.  Bryce power sponge shrinks very quickly and seems to exhibit more speed but less spin than speed glued Bryce..

So....if you've got a piece of Bryce and its not fast or spinny enough, its because your not using speed glue.   

BTW -- Speed glued Bryce Hard is even faster and feels better if you are a power hitter/looper.    If your not putting power into the ball however, your better off with regular bryce since it is mid-soft.

Couga is also very very fast and spinny.  Its an excellent agressive rubber but is much harder sponged than Bryce.  When flat hitting or driving with Couga, you definitely get the hard sponge sound at impact.   I've also found that the ball sometimes skits across the surface of unglued Couga when brush looping.  When speed glued, Couga softens up considerably and does not skit.

opteron250 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opteron250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2006 at 11:07pm
I've tried both of them. Catapult is spinnier and esier to control than unglued Bryce. However, speed glued Bryce is way faster and spinnier than Catapult. Bryce is the best choice :D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic