Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Butterfly Innerforce Layer ALC.S

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2017 at 2:54pm
Baal,

Innerforce designs are non-linear with dual impact to use the Nexy term. You are reducing the ALC impact at lower contact speeds and increasing it at higher contact speeds. I like the idea and it varies in terms of what you get. I think the last Innerforce Inner Layer ALC was too thick and I never liked how I didn't feel like I could slice the ball. I think I would love the ALCS but have not been fortunate enough to get my hands on one. The ZLF was just not for me unless I used really fast rubbers and I don't boost or have money for new rubbers every month so it's a non-starter.

I don't think it is an accident that the Innerforce blades tend to have softer outer plies like Limba.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Sponsored Links

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2017 at 3:06pm
IMHO, ALC.S is a bad blade. Too thin / too little power (compared to Korbel, etc) and the spin is there only on soft contact ('dual nature' on thin blade is bad idea unless the blade is reasonably hard).

IF-Layer ALC is much better. However, I think that IF-Layer ZLC (especially after they reduced blade circumference to standard size) is the best in terms of power, spin and feel.
Chicobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chicobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2017 at 3:10pm
NextLevel,

Could you elaborate more on what you said at the end? If the Innerforce ALC blade had a koto outer, how would you predict it would change the blade with regard to impact at low/higher speeds and feeling?
Stiga Genesis x2 on Nexy Rubicon
Galaxy Moon/Air Illumina Alpha on Andro Temper Tech Off-
USATT 1620...Learning to play vs long pips
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2017 at 3:14pm
I like the old IF ZLC more the the new one. The newer one plays just like the IF ALC, with more top end power, which most club players don’t have the skill to use. The old one plays like Korbel with no vibration, better control, and more power away from the table.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2017 at 3:16pm
Chicobo, people looking for a woody feeling tend to want softer woods. The original popular pure carbon blades mostly had Hinoki or limba outers to provide dwell.

It is a desire for a feeling that impacts the short game. I don't think using Koto or a harder wood would radically change performance but it would lose the crowd that tends to desire the Innerforce designs.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2018 at 3:36am
Hello,

May I ask, could anyone give the rough measurement of the plies, in the ALC.S blade?
Limba - Spruce - ALC - Ayous Core - ALC - Spruce - Iimba

How many milimeters(roughly) per ply?

Thank you! As I’m looking to make something similar.

Edited by Chewy - 03/26/2018 at 10:16am
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2018 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Chewy Chewy wrote:

Hello,

May I ask, could anyone give the rough measurement of the plies, in the ALC.S blade?
Koto - Spruce - ALC - Ayous Core - ALC - Spruce - Koto

How many milimeters(roughly) per ply?

Thank you! As I’m looking to make something similar.

The outer ply is limba!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2018 at 10:15am
Ahh thank you Strat. Edited!

Edited by Chewy - 03/26/2018 at 10:15am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic