Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

916 destroyer/968 stinger

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sunflex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 916 destroyer/968 stinger
    Posted: 08/25/2006 at 7:37am
what's the difference between those two?
Sponsored Links

sunflex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2006 at 7:44am
o ssrry i read the answer on colestt stinger is tackier and there is difference between the pip structure
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2006 at 5:51pm
Also right now the stinger has a nicer sponge.  Once the destroyer sells out the new batch will come in like the stinger and they will be the same again.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2006 at 6:31pm

Goldway would have to be my least favourite and least trustworthy/reputable chinese manufacturer.

We ordered a batch of 916/968 rubbers from them. When they finally arrived we found the rubbers in filthy packaging full of some sort of black dust.

But worst thing was virtually the who batch had some faults on the rubbers, some were really bad! Some had the sponge and topsheet seperating. Since these rubbers are tensioned, some were very unevenly tensioned, see picture below!

Worst thing was after we sent them pictures they're telling us there's nothing wrong with these rubbers and they're refusing to replace them!!! Does this look wrong to you????

Luckily most sheets only have very minor fault along the edges, so even though we can't sell the whole sheets, we can use them on some premade bats.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
zeropong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeropong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2006 at 7:41pm

The problem is ZeroPong owns the good molds we had these made specifically for us and we have exclusive for that rubber.  So you order the product from the factory and they make it with the old ratty mold and the worst possible sponge.

We also arrange for the purchase of the best possible raw materials so we get the best glue and a more elastic product.

The product depicted is not ZeroPong�s Destroyer or Stinger, if you get a sheet like that from us or one of our dealers, send it back with the packaging and your receipt we will fully refund your purchase and shipping or exchange it for whatever you want.

Haggisv,  you want the legitimate stuff with the cool package I can supply you at a good wholesale price.

Tom

alphapong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphapong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2006 at 9:02pm
The Goldway product I have got from Tom has always been good.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2006 at 7:02am

Thank you Tom!

Thank for the information! I was certainly in NO WAY implying that your products were like this. I know you're a reputable and respectable dealer with outstanding customer service. I often recommend people/refer people to you.

I was simply very disappointed with the manufacturer, and the people we have dealt with do not seem reputable or professional. They did actually claim that the rubbers they sent were identical to yours, apart from the packaging...

This is the only manufacturer that we've had any problems with.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic