Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Barwell Fleet Handle VS Butterfly handles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shogrran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shogrran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barwell Fleet Handle VS Butterfly handles
    Posted: 01/12/2017 at 9:24pm
I'm planning on buying a new blade.

I'm very interested in trying out the Nittaku Barwell Fleet because of the rave reviews i've read about it and the glass fiber giving it more control even as it's an offensive blade. But I have not held a nittaku blade before and I'm concerned I might not like the handle.

I'm currently using the old Donic Persson Power carbon blade and I like it's rather thin, almost straight-like FL handle. I think tabletennis11 site calls this type of handle a CONC(FL) handle which I don't know the meaning of.

I've tried using the Stiga Emerald VPS V LEGEND handle and the part near the blade surface (blade handle wings?) is not so good. Too wide for me.

I have however held the Butterfly TimoBall ALC and Butterfly Garadia T5000 handles and they're a good diameter and comfortable to the hand. 

How does the Nittaku Barwell Fleet FL handle compare to the Donic and Butterfly handles? Does anyone have a side-by-side picture of them? If the barwell fleet handle is similar to butterfly handles I'll buy it. But if it's too wide like the stiga legend handles I'll stick with my persson blade.

Please someone help me out.
Sponsored Links

shogrran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shogrran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2017 at 5:37am
anyone have any info?
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2017 at 6:03am
Thicker than TB-ALC FL handle, thinner than Stiga Legend handle.
DarkerMyLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2017 at 9:54am
I compared my Barwell fleet FL with my co-workers Viscaria FL and the Barwell Fleet in the 'throat' is slightly thicker.  Very hard to measure without a proper tool, but the difference is not that big.  But it is big enough to be noticeable.

I took a photo but really cannot tell much.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic