FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Best "Kill Spin" Rubber?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best "Kill Spin" Rubber?
    Posted: 01/15/2017 at 3:14pm
For those experimenters among you... what is the best rubber you've encountered that can kill spin almost entirely? Something, probably a medium pip, that pretty much ignores all incoming spin and allows you to block back balls with little effort?

Short pips/inverted still send back a fairly spinny ball.

Long pips/anti put reversal on it, so the spin is not killed.

So what is the rubber closest to the middle there? If you keep shortening the long pips, I imagine you'd reach a point to where the reversal gets less and less... until it returns a no spin ball! That's what I'm looking to try now. 

Any ideas?Clap
Sponsored Links

Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2017 at 4:28pm
Might be the single sponge without the topsheet...
I don't know.. 
Fly away!
bard romance View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2017 at 4:32pm
tenergy 64
Tabmini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2017 at 5:54pm
Agreed, Medium pips is the easiest rubber to kill spin. The knuckkle (no spin) with low tracjectory is quite deceptive.
My feedback :
mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=77680&PID=959859󪕳
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2017 at 2:59am
YASAKA Anti Power
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2017 at 4:48am
Spinlord Keiler. I got a sheet purely for experimental purposes. It's a fast tensor medium pips with ability to generate some spin of its own (that's coz I use it in 2mm sponge). Thin sponge/ox could do better for killing incoming spin. I like it but not as much as tensor short pips like hexer pips. Keiler is great for flat hitting, even better than short pips, but I find it somewhat slow for counter driving at medium distance. It's quite cheap too
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2017 at 12:22pm
If you're still trying to keep the ball fast and be offensive it would be a medium pip. If you are trying to slow the ball down and be defensive it would be an anti-spin.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2017 at 10:02pm
RITC/friendship 802-1
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
alphapong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphapong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2017 at 10:15pm
Friendship 563. DHS C7.

563 has slightly more grip.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2017 at 11:54pm
Feint Long 2. Curl P1-R.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2017 at 8:34am
729 Super FX, 729 Cream
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
Knuckle Ball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2017 at 9:58am
RITC 8048
Blade: Rosewood NCT V
FH: Dignics 05 Black
BH: Moristo SP Red
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2017 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Knuckle Ball Knuckle Ball wrote:

RITC 8048

Do you mean RITC 804 anti spin?
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2017 at 10:01am
I have not tried this rubber but from what my buddies who played agaist it say Jòola Timeless kills all kinds of spin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2017 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

Originally posted by Knuckle Ball Knuckle Ball wrote:

RITC 8048

Do you mean RITC 804 anti spin?
Yes thats it sorry for the typo using my small phone

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2017 at 10:13am
I have played with anti over the years. Used Sriver Killer and Super Anti, I have also used very old Sriver 3 or more yrs old quite effective as a spin killer on my BH.Good in returning serves, excellent in blocking returning sinking knuckle balls, good for chopping and punching
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2017 at 12:55pm
I play with long pips that largely continue the spin but playing against a few anti players here & there. The effect off their bat seems to deaden or kill the spin in most cases. I suppose if I were going for killing spin, I'd probably try that.

I think another option one could consider would be Dr Evil on OX. That's a jack of all trades master of none type of rubber. Could chop-block balls and slightly continue spin or also close face block balls with slight topsin. It's a super low friction short pip.
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2017 at 3:55pm
I would second Keiler, kind of a jack of all trades kind of pips.  It allows you to play flat, or to spin similar to a low spin short pips.

If you really want to play flat Dr Neubauer Killer or Killer Pro are more expensive options.  I find them less forgiving when I'm not in position to drive/block the ball, but they are more effective when I am in the correct position.  

There are a lot of options when considering this, Feint II, Curl P-3@r, Diamant, 563, 837, and 388C-1 (if my memory serves me correctly on this one).  Things that look like short pips, long pips or something in between.  My advice is to try and find someone who already has some of these and just try them for yourself.  See if you would prefer the Feint II/837 type of rubber or the Killer/Keiler type.  

Another new option might be the new SpinLord Sandwind half anti.  Haven't used this one yet, just seen a few reviews and videos of player using it.  Not sure how different it is to a sheet of 804.
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2017 at 7:12pm
another rubber I found to be great at playing dead balls is Butterfly Feint Soft
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2017 at 1:09am
I'm also interested in sandwind but I'm guessing it won't be good for attacking. I mean, you can probably hit high balls flat and hard to finish a point, especially when on a fast blade but you can't drive with it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic