FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Yoshida Kaii - New Douchebag

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2017 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

NL actually by Connors time the Australian was already considered a Slam even, although it is true that some players would skip it because of the travel time. Sampras won the Australian twice. Connors won it once.  Slams matter and the Australian Open is not the reason for the large difference in the number of slam events each won.  Sampras in his career was the more dominant player.  Both were great.   

But THAT WAS NOT THE MAIN POINT.

Connors douchebaggery made him a bit of an outlier like McEnroe and Nastase and Tiriac and to some extent Clark Graebner. But none of those guys choed like a rooster on every point they won!

But if you'd like, just see the table tennis examples I used from modern era.

And to make it clear, even some choing I can understand and don't mind.  It's an emotional sport and players aren't robots.  I never really noticed that ZJK would cho in an over the top way, for example.  And going back to tennis, some of the super stoic players like Borg and Lendl were less popular because of it.

But to use it as such an overtly hostile act to try to get under your opponent's skin, like these new TT players are doing (and are being coached to do), that is something recent.  ITTF needs to put their foot down.  Like I said before, if they can take away ZJK's price money for kicking a barrier AFTER HE WON A MATCH IN THE FINALS (!!!) they can certainly start to make this a point of emphasis. 

Understood.  Connors skipped the French in a dispute with organizers in a year he won all the other 3 slams.  Pointing that out so we can keep context. Other relevant issues but no point getting into them.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic