Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

blade for noob looper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SpinnyGonzales View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpinnyGonzales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: blade for noob looper
    Posted: 02/01/2017 at 12:57pm
hello,

im trying to find the right blade for a girl who was trained by a coach years ago but havent played much since.

info i gathered:

she tends to loop every ball
she tried my primorac with m3!!!! on it and thought it's a hard blade for her.
she tended to loop over the table with my innerforce layer alc + t05fx. (couldnt adapt to the high throw and speed)
she looped pretty well with a premade bat but im not gonna get her one :)
she wants the blade to be soft (softer than primorac) and heavy, i think around 87-90 grams would be cool.
for rubbers I can give her 2 acuda p2, a jp03, a xiom musa or an m2
i would get her an all all+ off- blade
i think its not worth spending more than 60 bucks or is it?

options: yasaka sweden extra, yasaka sweden classic, yasaka silverline all wood.

any advide pretty please? :)

Edited by SpinnyGonzales - 02/01/2017 at 1:00pm
Heavy backspin on the ball
Doesn't bother me at all
Sponsored Links

taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2017 at 2:09pm
from the blades you listed sweeden classic is the best. I would also recommed for her to try korbel blade
boatnpong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boatnpong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2017 at 3:06pm
Tihbar samsonov alpha would be a great choice as well
I'd rather be ponging or paddling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpinnyGonzales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2017 at 3:24pm
Thanks guys, i kind of thought of those blades but korbel is harder than primorac and tibhar seams to be on the lighter side at 80 grams

Edited by SpinnyGonzales - 02/01/2017 at 6:25pm
Doesn't bother me at all
Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2017 at 4:13pm
Take a look at Tibhar Moonlight Killer, mine is 5.4-mm, 92g, soft feeling, but still a lot of power if you strike hard. I think TT11 has it for sale right now.

Unfortunately I have not tried Primorac myself, however if Primorac is at the same level of softness as Allround Classic, Moonlight Killer might work.

Other choices might be defensive blades, e.g. Joola Toni Hold White Spot, Tibhar COS-3, Donic Defplay V3, Butterfly Matsushita Pro Model, Dr. Neaubauer Barricade Plus. Defensive blades might be extreme examples of ''soft looping blades'', but might work, who knows?

P.S. Maybe BlueFire M3 is too bouncy for her? Would soft Chinese tacky rubber help?

Edited by Jasonh - 02/01/2017 at 4:32pm
Fly away!
coffeeholic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coffeeholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2017 at 4:35pm
why not just pick up a galaxy896 and a pair of inspirit from coles and call it a day? or if you are willing to wait a month, maybe an n11 and a pair of mercury2 off ebay for a super cheap $25 setup. then upgrade later on
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha | Yasaka Rakza 7 | Xiom OmegaIV Euro
Rubbers don't offer control. YOU are the control!
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2017 at 5:14pm
Stiga Allround Evolution.
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
Tabmini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2017 at 5:50pm
Did you mean Primorac or Primorac carbon ?
Any All, OFF- 5-ply wood blade will work for sure.
My feedback :
mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=77680&PID=959859󪕳

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpinnyGonzales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2017 at 6:23pm
Tabmini:
i meant primorac off-
not any all, off- 5 ply blade is softer than primorac off- or heavy enough and good for topspin, actually there arent so many that fit the bill

thanks everyone for the answers, jasonh u put me to hard research, i appreciate :)
Doesn't bother me at all

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpinnyGonzales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2017 at 6:39pm
I cant find Tibhar Moonlight Killer and Stiga Allround Evolution in the local stores..

I found a very interesting blade that might have everything - Joola K5. Anyone played with it?
Doesn't bother me at all
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2017 at 9:09pm
try Nittaku septear, soft , small handle with supersoft euro rubber.
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2017 at 10:26pm
The tibhar pall drinkhall all around or stiga celero
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2017 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Crowsfeather Crowsfeather wrote:

try Nittaku septear, soft , small handle with supersoft euro rubber.

I've used septear with nimbus soft about two years back when I was returning to TT after a long time. Throw was too low with weird feeling of ball sinking deep into rubber followed by crazy catapult. Took me some time to adapt to this. The touch play close to the table was amazing with this setup.

I think septear is an excellent choice for the type of blade you want. It's soft, heavy (85-90gms easily), lots of feel and very loopable. Plus it's got nittaku's quality. I'm not sure about which rubbers to tell you. Maybe try some tacky ones like cream transcend (cheap) or even yasaka rising dragon. These are medium hard sponged and medium throw looping friendly rubbers
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2017 at 1:17am

Donic Diablo Senso - easy sweet loops, tremendous feeling

Tibhar Samsonov Alpha - very nice loops

Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic