FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Is my Primorac Fake?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tiago8 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiago8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is my Primorac Fake?
    Posted: 02/03/2017 at 11:20am

Butterfly say that the Primorac off- blade is 157x150 (HxW), every site that I can find with this blade information has that same measures.

But not mine?!?!?!?

Mine is 158x152, it alert me because I buy a new blade with this measures and the rubbers I was using on the Primorac fit like a glove, instead of being short!!!

Is this blade fake? I buy it new, online, from a respectable store in spain

Sponsored Links

AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2017 at 11:25am
I think you blade is made in Europe.. maybe it has another size compared to Japan made one..
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2017 at 11:40am
It's the Euro version which handle lens insert doesn't say "Made in Japan".
janekb View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janekb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2017 at 12:10pm
This is Primorac made in Hungary I have Korbel that is made in Hungary also,no made in Japan on the lens and the face of the blade,doesn't mean is bad my Korbel plays very good.
Janek B
Tiago8 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiago8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2017 at 1:04pm
The Blade plays well, but I just cant find the info of 158x152. Its strange they change the measures from jap factory to euro factory, stranger that cant find that info
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2017 at 4:31pm
Your primorac is not the latest version but it is indeed the European version wich has a bigger size than japan version.
http://de.butterfly.tt/tischtennis-hoelzer/zoran-primorac-off.html
janekb View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janekb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2017 at 4:47pm
My Korbel European one has the same size head as Japan version 158×152
Janek B
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2017 at 2:04am
It is not fake, it is just the european primorac in which you can find a lot of details that it shouldn't have.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Tiago8 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiago8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 1:34pm
I understand, but this is very unresponsible of butterfly...A Blade of 30€ deserves the same respect of a Blade of 300€.
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 2:38pm
Its been a long time since Cheapo BTY arent made in Japan... There are many examples of poor craftsmanship on BTY as well: Boll Forte/Tricarbon/TB All/Gionis series...
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

Its been a long time since Cheapo BTY arent made in Japan... There are many examples of poor craftsmanship on BTY as well: Boll Forte/Tricarbon/TB All/Gionis series...
also some or may be most of the new Grubba models are not "Made in Japan" & they look cheapies shxt as hell....I won't even bother to look @ them (esp. that TriCarbon). Can't believe some or certain so-called "Collectors" go gaga over buying, collecting & drooling over these craps. LOL.
Also try your luck buying these "Awesome" craps from Chinese websites, esp. Taobao or what-have-you....yep...I still remember some people bought these craps there & tried to flip to make $$$$ on mytabletennis not too long ago.

Edited by tiehwen - 02/05/2017 at 2:48pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Tiago8 Tiago8 wrote:

I understand, but this is very unresponsible of butterfly...A Blade of 30€ deserves the same respect of a Blade of 300€.

Butterfly doesn't care for these little problems. If butterfly cared for us, then they would make only Japanese products and they would sell them all around the world...This would be nice from them.
But...they make some exeptions and they keep all the "made in Japan" blades only for asian market. In europe , america etc you are forced to buy some products made in hungary(i think) and not in Japan.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2017 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

also some or may be most of the new Grubba models are not "Made in Japan" & they look cheapies shxt as hell....I won't even bother to look @ them (esp. that TriCarbon). Can't believe some or certain so-called "Collectors" go gaga over buying, collecting & drooling over these craps. LOL.
Also try your luck buying these "Awesome" craps from Chinese websites, esp. Taobao or what-have-you....yep...I still remember some people bought these craps there & tried to flip to make $$$$ on mytabletennis not too long ago.

As the gionis series regards, tiehwen my friend, I think these blades are very well made in comparison to primorac, boll forte, korbel etc.
I was very impressed when I first hold in my hands the gionis blades, I was expecting the poor craftmanship, but finally they are a lot better than the other cheapo bty blades.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic