Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stiga Genesis M and Mantra M review.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2017 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Vlad0 Vlad0 wrote:

I bought Genesis M black max finally. Last night i tried it on Viscaria. The topsheet is shiny and not tacky at all, even pressing the ball. The sponge is definitely red and not orange (more red than that will be purple) and i would say it's hard - harder than T05, reminds me of MXS when my partner used it. The arc is low and not high as some say and long - again MXS ??? BH - too long but it's about technique for sure, FH - perfect. In matchplay i found that every mistake is on the BH side, but maybe because H3 went there and none on the FH side. Amazing. Just like in the clip of TTD. You can open EVERY ball easy with slow spiny loop landing behind the net and ready for the winner. You can control the speed of the ball easy (hello blockers Wink). As it is said - between euro and Chinese rubber - perfect for me. No more dead Chinese rubber on the FH Big smile.

Very interesting. Thanks for the information. Very helpful.

Edited by richrf - 10/24/2017 at 11:43am
Sponsored Links

JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2017 at 7:58am
Heard rumours that Mantra doesn't last well.

I can say for certain that 2mm Genesis lasts for ages although the max didn't last anywhere near as well. No idea why.
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2017 at 8:17am
Originally posted by JKC JKC wrote:

Heard rumours that Mantra doesn't last well.

I can say for certain that 2mm Genesis lasts for ages although the max didn't last anywhere near as well. No idea why.

My guess is that whenever they try out these new formulations, stuff starts happening and QC becomes an issue. Genesis is made in China and QC is always an issue with Chinese goods (one of the reasons I was concerned about Genesis). Mantra is Japanese which normally has n more durability, but this is an entirely new rubber they are experimenting with. I suspect Karis may have better durability characteristics. For obvious reasons, durability is not a big priority for rubber manufacturers.

I'm still waiting to see if I can find someone in the club using either of these or Rozena (which is supposed to be quite durable), so still playing with a Calibra LT which I find to be highly durable, but really tough to spin.

Thanks for the info!

Edited by richrf - 10/27/2017 at 8:17am
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2017 at 11:00am
Nice review of Mantra M and H by Paddle Palace Matt Hetherington. He is using a Donic JO Senso V1 blade.

richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2017 at 1:46pm
This is a good ad for Genesis. :-)

Does it look like the rubber is boosted? Players complain that Genesis is much weaker from mid-distance but it doesn't seem so in this video.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic