Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tricky1 Blades - Zylon Carbon and Textreme Carbon
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tricky1 Blades - Zylon Carbon and Textreme Carbon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TRICKY1 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRICKY1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tricky1 Blades - Zylon Carbon and Textreme Carbon
    Posted: 04/12/2017 at 2:17pm
Tricky1 now has Zylon / Textreme Carbon Fiber which is similar to the Hybrid fiber marketed as ZLC by one of the big blade manufacturers. The Zylon / Textreme Carbon Fiber is actually a better material than the typical Zylon Carbon Fiber hybrid due to the Textreme CF. Tricky1 also now has Textreme Carbon Fiber which is the same CF marketed as Carbonado by one of the other big blade manufacturers. If you would like your next custom blade constructed using one of these new composites at a much more reasonable price please look me up. I can meet your requirements.
Tricky1
SeriousBladesforSeriousPlayers
Sponsored Links

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2017 at 2:38pm
Very cool.  I suspect you would get a lot of interest if you posted a picture of one of the blades you created.  Also, can you talk a little about handle shapes you can make?
TRICKY1 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRICKY1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2017 at 3:27pm
Here is a sampling of some of my blades. I am not sure if I can post more than 1 image at a time so will probably have several posts. Please pardon the poor photography.
Tricky1
TRICKY1 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRICKY1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2017 at 3:41pm
...and the back side of the first blade. This was built for a customer in Belgium who wanted a blade similar to the old Butterfly Anatomic. The core is Hinoki, secondaries are CF and the skins are Red Alder. 
Tricky1
TRICKY1 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRICKY1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2017 at 3:44pm
This blade is a very high density Balsa core, CF secondaries and Chilean Acacia skins. The handle is Lacewood with other woods for the stripes.
Tricky1
TRICKY1 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRICKY1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2017 at 3:47pm
This blade is 11 plies OFF+ 6mm thick, 100 grams. Anatomic Handle
Tricky1
TRICKY1 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRICKY1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2017 at 3:49pm
This blade is 7 ply Hinoki with angled handle 
Tricky1
TRICKY1 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRICKY1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2017 at 3:52pm
Very high density Balsa core, CF secondaries and Hinoki skins. 78 grams, OFF
Tricky1
100niTenis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2017 at 4:23pm
Beautiful!
TRICKY1 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRICKY1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2017 at 4:42pm
Thank you! Generally I am all about function but, the few that I posted are a mix of what is possible. My blades are templated for repeatability but, only the handle outlines are templated. The handles are shaped by hand.
Tricky1
100niTenis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2017 at 9:00am
I like 1st blade :-)
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2017 at 3:50pm
that Anatomic handle needs more refining/work....
mttgfg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mttgfg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2017 at 11:39am
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

that Anatomic handle needs more refining/work....

Did you play with such handle and judge that it needs more refining/work?
Because it looks different does not mean its uncomfortable unplayable etc.
Laymond View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laymond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2017 at 8:35am
Oh… Great!
I'm wanting like this blade.

I would like to use racquet with TeXtreme-Zylon-cabon very much, especially with thick balsa core material!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic