FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Switched from T05 to H3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Switched from T05 to H3
    Posted: 05/27/2017 at 8:58pm
I have been playing T05 for a while now but not really progressing in my game. Mid distance loop was great but not as consistant in other areas as I should be. So taking a lesson from the Chinese team decided to switch to Hurricane 3. Immediate improvement in all areas , it was shocking honestly. No problems at mid distance and close to the table it's far superior. Took a little bit of blade angle adjustment but once I corrected that it was great. If you are having trouble with consistency using tensors or Tenergy rubbers try H3. I think you will find more balls landing on the table.
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
Sponsored Links

SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2017 at 9:04pm
Boosted?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2017 at 9:05pm
Using neo. I have falco but haven't used it yet.
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2017 at 9:31pm
You must have strong technique and body to make that switch.
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2017 at 9:55pm
What was the level you were not progressing from?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2017 at 10:31pm
I don't have a usatt rating but I was having difficulty at the 2000+/- level. My coach is 2300 and I felt a lot more comfortable handling his loops and smashes with h3.
onehander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2017 at 11:23am
I'm not sure what you're using now, but I found that single ply hinoki has a better feeling with H3 as well.  The hinoki provides all the catapult you need, and the touch is incredible with H3.  I also find it puzzling that so many people have a hard time going from T05 to H3.  Perhaps a person well schooled in penhold develops strong swing technique by nature of the style?  
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2017 at 12:09pm
Haha I don't think it's just technique, you also need a lot of fitness and strength to play with h3 etc.
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2017 at 1:16pm
Jpen sir,

What H3 might have done is just made you more aware of technique and what needs to be done to use it. It made you more aware of your game more so than The Tenerygy you were using

From personal observation MAINLY in court and game development (especially from newer players in college) is, no one wants to put in the work. They know what needs to be done but refuse. Tenergys success is it makes players FEEL they're playing well. Eventually they plateau and hence why many players in clubs stay in their levels for years

The hard tacky rubbers forces players to draw power from themselves, and without proper coaching, this may take years to unlock. Personally it took 4-5 years of EJing and messing around to finally put in some serious thought.

Freaking coach Em Rat Thich on YouTube (also a member on this forum) helped me with theories and understanding the game further unlocking KEY DEVELOPMENT that was ignored for many years
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2017 at 4:34pm
I take coaching once a week and he noticed right away. He is around 2400 usatt and I always had difficulty with his smash and loop. With H3 I was able to get balls back much easier. I do enjoy Em Rat Thich videos you can tell he puts a lot of thought into his videos.

Edited by jpenmaster - 05/28/2017 at 4:36pm
CroNone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CroNone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2017 at 6:59pm
I made the switch too. I think that for people who take full FH loops it's a benefit. I found that with T05 a lot of attacks were going long. The catapult is quite large. Obviously you can calibrate with bigger brush but there's that spring factor that you need to remember. 

With Chinese tacky that factor is removed somewhat. It's your forward motion that gives you the speed on the ball. I found that I needed to get lower, rip over the top of the ball and go through it more. The rewards for doing that is a very high quality loop that is low to the net and loaded with spin. 

Other benefits is that it's easier to fh block without the ball springing of your block. Short, touch shots are predictable without spring. If you are a pendulum spin server you can generate good spin on serves. All in all it's a nice choice if you don't need the T05 magic.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2017 at 8:48pm
My T05 magic turned into a curse lol. I just felt stuck with very slow improvement. When you first use T05 the spin on your loops make you forget about how difficult it is to use in other aspects of the game.
el luchador View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2017 at 11:12pm
T05 is a sharp sword that cuts the user as much as it cuts the enemy :)

one thing I noticed is that H3 is much slower than most European rubbers and many people who are not used to it may find it too slow if they simply put it on the same blade they are used to, but if you put it on a faster blade- watch out. an offensive weapon with control!
Do or do not, there is no try- Yoda
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic