Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Table Tennis Machines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bladesofwood View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bladesofwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Table Tennis Machines
    Posted: 07/16/2017 at 6:57am
Hey everyone, thanks for the warm welcome I have got on this site already. Lots of love and I am liking it. 

I am just getting back into table tennis after taking some time off due to a shoulder injury, but right now I don't really have anyone to practice with. I have been playing by myself on the board flipped up, but that causes a lot of pain in my shoulder after a while. A friend talked to me about getting a training machine and I think that is a great idea. Problem is I cannot find any in the shops around me and the ones that I saw online all look really questionable. Have any of you ever used these machines before? I am looking for general recommendations and some ideas of where I can get them, possibly online? Thanks in advance everyone!

People on here gave me some great advice about what exactly I need to look for and what price range I should be expected to pay. I tried to skimp a little bit, which worked really well since I could not get any new machines sent to me for a good price. There were some really good machines available on http://www.for-sale.co.uk/table-tennis-robot and I got one of them which I was able to go and see at the sellers house and I love it. Thanks again for all the help guys, I think this is going to get me back into the game. 

Edited by bladesofwood - 07/22/2017 at 2:55am
Sponsored Links

Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2017 at 10:15am
Sorry about the injury. Did your doctor say it was safe to exert your shoulder? Did you have to do any therapy exercises?
Im just wondering if you are possibly hurting your shoulder further by practicing.

If doctor has said it is ok, then I don't see any difference in practicing with a robot. I mean, you will still feel pain anyway. I'm assuming there is no club anywhere near.

FdT.

HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2017 at 10:26am
You can find many machines in China.

They have the ML model, the XX, the ZJK, the FZD...

EDIT: But in all seriousness, this might be what you need: 

Edited by HuLimei - 07/17/2017 at 10:30am
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2017 at 3:24pm
Are you talking about a table tennis robot (google "table tennis robot" or "robopong"), throwing balls at you, or the type HuLimei mentioned, where the ball stays stationary and you just practice the movements?

Which ones do look questionable and why?

If you're really serious, you should get one of these.

Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2017 at 9:34am
yeah I think the KUKA might be out of our price range.

FdT
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2017 at 5:52pm
BTW, now I understand why KUKA was taken over by a Chinese company (Midea).
Join the Nexy Clan!
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2017 at 6:13pm
I use and like the Newgy 2050.

dmoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2017 at 11:56pm
I also have a Newgy 2050. Nearest club is 45 minutes away so I don't get there as often as I would like. It is great to have a robot. But you need to make sure that you don't hit the exact same shot over and over as this can cause injury as well. The 2050 is a great robot for a "normal" person (read-not aspiring pro!). It does have limited functionality, but for the price point I'm really happy with what I got. The way spin changes is by manually moving the head of the robot, so during a session of continuous balls you can change the direction and speed but not the spin. In order to change the spin you have to stop the robot and make the adjustment with your hand. I have a buddy who has a $1500 robot that I use regularly, and it is pretty nice, but not for twice as much as I paid. He has a little more money to burn than I do lol. The Newgy has a bunch of drills programmed in already which makes actually practicing really easy. I did not have any issues getting the robot shipped so I would not hesitate to order it online. Good luck!
Thanks!
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bladesofwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2017 at 3:51am
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

Sorry about the injury. Did your doctor say it was safe to exert your shoulder? Did you have to do any therapy exercises?
Im just wondering if you are possibly hurting your shoulder further by practicing.

If doctor has said it is ok, then I don't see any difference in practicing with a robot. I mean, you will still feel pain anyway. I'm assuming there is no club anywhere near.

FdT.

Doc said it was time for me to start getting some execise with it, so I figure tome table tennis is a good palce to start. I think I get the pain because of having to hit the ball hard enough to bounce back, and the practice robots I saw shoot the ball at you so I would be able to get more reps before the pain starts in and I need to break, at least that is the idea. And yes, there are no clubs around me worth joining. 
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bladesofwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2017 at 3:53am
Originally posted by dmoney dmoney wrote:

I also have a Newgy 2050. Nearest club is 45 minutes away so I don't get there as often as I would like. It is great to have a robot. But you need to make sure that you don't hit the exact same shot over and over as this can cause injury as well. The 2050 is a great robot for a "normal" person (read-not aspiring pro!). It does have limited functionality, but for the price point I'm really happy with what I got. The way spin changes is by manually moving the head of the robot, so during a session of continuous balls you can change the direction and speed but not the spin. In order to change the spin you have to stop the robot and make the adjustment with your hand. I have a buddy who has a $1500 robot that I use regularly, and it is pretty nice, but not for twice as much as I paid. He has a little more money to burn than I do lol. The Newgy has a bunch of drills programmed in already which makes actually practicing really easy. I did not have any issues getting the robot shipped so I would not hesitate to order it online. Good luck!

That sounds like the exact machine I need. How much did it cost you, just so I know what a proper price point is?
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2017 at 1:09am
Originally posted by bladesofwood bladesofwood wrote:

Originally posted by dmoney dmoney wrote:

[...] I have a buddy who has a $1500 robot that I use regularly, and it is pretty nice, but not for twice as much as I paid.

That sounds like the exact machine I need. How much did it cost you, just so I know what a proper price point is?

About $750 I guess.
Join the Nexy Clan!
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2017 at 2:52am
Another point in favor of the Newgy is that it is trouble free.  I had a Amicus and when it had a problem Butterfly wanted $900 to replace the part.  I've never had a problem with the Newgy that I couldn't fix myself.

The factory service is great.
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bladesofwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2017 at 5:34am
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

Another point in favor of the Newgy is that it is trouble free.  I had a Amicus and when it had a problem Butterfly wanted $900 to replace the part.  I've never had a problem with the Newgy that I couldn't fix myself.

The factory service is great.

Ah hell I hadn't even thought if that. I was hoping that these machines would all be trouble free, seeing as it is sorta niche and decently expensive. Oh well. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic