FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Carbonado 45 reviews?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carbonado 45 reviews?
    Posted: 08/27/2017 at 8:45pm
Anyone out there try the Carbonado 45? I have been using wood (Korbel) for a bit but miss the enlarged sweet spot of composite plus I don't really care for bfly handles. I was thinking this might be a good choice. Thanks.
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
Sponsored Links

Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2017 at 5:55am
Hello, i´ve been using Carbonado 45 ST for 2-3 weeks and i really liked the blade. Before this blade i was using Viscaria but i wanted to try some Stiga blade with fibers but slower and with more control than Viscaria. And with this blade i absolutely spot on.
The blade has a largue sweet spot with a lot of control. It is slower than Viscaria so this blade is ideal for close to table playing. Blocks are very easy as well as short serves.
Respect to top spin people say that this blade has low angle but in my opinion it has a normal angle, similar than Viscaria. If you do a large arm movement when you loop this blade is perfect because you can generate speed with your arm. Flat strokes are easier with Carbonado 45. Carbonado 45 has a hard and solid touch with no vibrations practically.
I tried this blade with Tenergy 05 on FH and Airoc Astro S on BH. When i switched the rubbers and i was amazed because Airoc Astro S was much faster than T05 on FH! My first topspin were all out of the table.
So if you want a OFF- blade with great control and for close to table play Carbonado 45 is suitable. If you want more speed with a similar blade you can try Viscaria.

Tomorrow i will try a Moonbeam ST with T05 and 80FX. I want a thicker blade with sweet touch and no vibrations.
Hope my small review was useful for you.

Edited by Antuan - 08/28/2017 at 7:32am
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2017 at 7:32am
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=75650&PN=1&title=stiga-2016-blades-updated-with-review
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2017 at 12:36pm
Sounds like what I am looking for. I have had good luck with stiga but there are a lot of quality issues I see online from them lately. Hopefully I get a quality piece.
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2017 at 3:12pm
I don't have first hand experience with the 45 but am currently trying out the 145 which is presumably very similar.

145 is noticeably slower than Butterfly ALC blades and has much better control in terms of ball placement and short game. The sweet spot is great too.

I imagine the 45 as mentioned is a clearly OFF- blade since I feel that the 145 (which is meant to be faster) is on the slower end of the spectrum for OFF. At the moment I am very much liking the blade.

Edited by iamj8 - 11/16/2017 at 5:34am
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2018 at 9:19am
Very good blade. Not slow at all but has better feeling than Viscaria or timo boll alc which are very bouncy in the short game, that's why people feel the carbonado 45 slower. It is simply better consistent med throw more like Viscaria. Better in flicks and of course in blocks. Spins a little longer than timo boll alc. A very consistent blade to stick with. Note that i wasn't a fan of stiga but this blade is so well done no hallow feeling super consistent and huge sweet spot on pair with Mizutani zlc.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic