Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

729 Battle II Rubber Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2018 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

Sounds to me like you can't deal with the harder sponge. That's what happens when you switch from 45 deg to 50 or more and expect an upgrade...

Consider they're (my b2 and b2pro) are the same hardness (47) I don't think this is the case. But thanks for the feedback. From my experience its the softer sponges that are harder to play with but I guess this is personal preference.

Edited by Lightzy - 06/25/2018 at 12:55pm
Sponsored Links

Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2018 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Lightzy Lightzy wrote:

Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

Sounds to me like you can't deal with the harder sponge. That's what happens when you switch from 45 deg to 50 or more and expect an upgrade...

Consider they're (my b2 and b2pro) are the same hardness (47) I don't think this is the case. But thanks for the feedback. From my experience its the softer sponges that are harder to play with but I guess this is personal preference.

Oh is that so? By pro you still mean provincial version? Provincial version comes in 38, 39, and 40 degree hardness though? So how did you get 47?
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2018 at 12:04pm
I got 38 which is practically identical.
It's the difference of 1 point nominally on the 'european' scale.

Edited by Lightzy - 06/26/2018 at 12:05pm
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2018 at 12:47pm
Frankly, Im quite happy with the regular version on my BH. 
It has all the gears needed.

On top of that it turning out to have a long life as well.

I just hope they keep making it. 

FdT
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2018 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

Frankly, Im quite happy with the regular version on my BH. 
It has all the gears needed.

On top of that it turning out to have a long life as well.

I just hope they keep making it. 

FdT

You know that once you like a rubber that is reasonably priced "they" are going to stop making it. Its like they read the forums...
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2018 at 12:22am
had a couple of beers before playing with B2 BS (on a Feel AX). on the attack the shots were as deadly or even more so but had more feel,control and precision.   the difference was the smoother stroke and softer hands - attributes the better players have more of. the beer didn't help with the footwork though, among other things.
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2018 at 6:12am
You should try pot next time. Some variant that slows time. Those are the best.
We used to make a lot of great music on those haha

Edited by Lightzy - 06/30/2018 at 6:13am
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2018 at 8:48am
yes, pot should have some effect as well
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2019 at 11:04pm
has anyone tried boosting regular B2 with Falco long? If so, would you recommend it and how many layers?
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
achoomai View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achoomai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2019 at 7:56pm
for players who are looking for provincial version, it is available in Pingponghouse shop in Amazon. (30  usd)
My feedback : http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58844&PN=1#726094
Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2020 at 4:42pm
I glued a B2 38 deg orange sponge prov version to my forehand and I really like it. I feel it has better spin control than H3 Neo, also the surface feels tackier and maybe a bit faster too than 39 deg H3N orange.

I use 37deg H3N on my backhand, and I'm wondering which B2 is the softest. Just by looking at the numbers the 45deg commercial should be the softest, but maybe someone who has tried more than one version could tell me which is the softest.

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic