Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Physical/Speed training

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Physical/Speed training
    Posted: 11/01/2017 at 10:33pm
Perhaps it will be interesting to some

Second part is an interview and it's in Russian so you should skip it. But the first part shows some relatively high-level but quite standard exercises.

What they are saying there that these are mandatory for the young semi-pro players - they have to pass certain criteria to be included on the club or city/regional  team and to be awarded the next formal rating.

In Russia there is a regular numeric rating but also there is a formal state-mandated category system - in ascending order: 3rd Category, 2nd, 1st, Master-Candidate, Master, International Master, Honoured Master. 1st Category would be somewhere around 2000-2200 level, CM - probably 2200-2400, MS - 2400-2600. The last two titles are awarded for winning some major tournaments or for the overall achievements, they are not rating related although one certainly would have to be competing at international level.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Sponsored Links

heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2017 at 8:23am
I found it interesting, thanks. Each player in the video is in excellent shape - I should try those exercises myself.

I've recently been doing jump rope and multiball to get in shape for the Teams at the end of the month and US Open in Dec. I took video and might make a separate post (if anyone is interested).
wilkinru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilkinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2017 at 12:16pm
Those "pushup clap" things look like a fine was to destroy your wrist.
TB ZLF
inverted
inverted
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic