Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

5 best chinese rubbers for backhand?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5 best chinese rubbers for backhand?
    Posted: 11/03/2017 at 1:00pm
Please advise :)
Also if you can add a bit of explanation to the list that'd be very educational

Edited by Lightzy - 11/03/2017 at 2:09pm
Sponsored Links

azv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2017 at 1:34pm
non tacky:
729 focus 3 snipe: light and grippy topsheet, non tensor/very linear. Medium soft feeling. Slow rubber but very forgiving and easy to play with.
palio ak47 blue: very light (39g after cut), tensor with low catapult effect. Soft feeling. Easy to play and forgiving
palio ak47 red: light, tensor with medium catapult effect, medium feeling

tacky: I don't know bc I don't like tacky rubbers on the BH. Skyline 3-60 and h3 3-50 have good reviews for bh rubber
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2017 at 2:18pm
It depends on what you like. By Chinese you mean "tacky, hard sponger" which is traditional chinese rubber you get a very different list that if you mean "chinese made, less expensive than euro/jap rubbers which are not tacky".

Colestt has several good options with assasinS, defenderS, illumina, and (my favorite for for BH) scirocco. Scirocco has a firmer sponge and plays well from mid distance. It also throws the ball further (high throw). AssassinS and defenderS probably play better at an all around game.

Ignore my old signature, btw. 
andras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2017 at 4:30pm
haifù shark  is born for backhand used by different players sponsored by haifù in china S. L. 
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2017 at 11:24am
Originally posted by azv azv wrote:

non tacky:
729 focus 3 snipe: light and grippy topsheet, non tensor/very linear. Medium soft feeling. Slow rubber but very forgiving and easy to play with.
palio ak47 blue: very light (39g after cut), tensor with low catapult effect. Soft feeling. Easy to play and forgiving
palio ak47 red: light, tensor with medium catapult effect, medium feeling

tacky: I don't know bc I don't like tacky rubbers on the BH. Skyline 3-60 and h3 3-50 have good reviews for bh rubber
===============
I like this (non-tacky rubber):  729 focus 3 snipe.
skip3119
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2017 at 11:57am
On soft blades: Mercury II, 3-60
On medium blades: Globe 999t
On hard blades: above rubbers feel mushy. Have not found anything usable so far.
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2017 at 12:16pm
Ordered a sheet of the skyline 3-60 soft and a sheet of AK47 blue.

Using battle2 45deg so far, which is actually very very good and I enjoy it very, very much, but I'd like to get my blade even lighter weight and see if a softer sponge really makes a good difference to the backhand.

If not, no biggie at $13 for a sheet

Edited by Lightzy - 11/04/2017 at 5:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic