FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

narrow short pip not densely packed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: narrow short pip not densely packed
    Posted: 11/15/2017 at 4:45am
I have just switched to palio ck531a on my bh. I think I wANT TO TRY SHORT PIMPLES BUT I WANT THEM WIDELY SPCAED OUT AND NARROW LIKE LP. im thinking dr evil or spectol look the best. I can attack with palio ck531a but its difficult. what do sp players recommend I will only want 1mm of sponge I think
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
Sponsored Links

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2017 at 9:56am
Originally posted by mog1111 mog1111 wrote:

I have just switched to palio ck531a on my bh. I think I wANT TO TRY SHORT PIMPLES BUT I WANT THEM WIDELY SPCAED OUT AND NARROW LIKE LP. im thinking dr evil or spectol look the best. I can attack with palio ck531a but its difficult. what do sp players recommend I will only want 1mm of sponge I think

I thought Dr. Evil as well, but it is not that good with sponge. Was designed as an OX sheet and has much more reversal and control without sponge.

If your backhand is only used close to the table, or if you are prepared to chop from range, it's a pretty good sheet.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2017 at 10:46am
cheers it was awful last night with sponge like a rocket compared to palio, great for hitting but I think uncontrollable, spectol is the other thing that looks like it might work but its an expensive experiment
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2017 at 11:26am
Try MP - RITC 563 1.5mm.
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2017 at 11:51am
tbh my results have been so much better last few weeks im going to stick with the palio for while until I really understand what I can do with it.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2017 at 12:35pm
It might be easier to give pointers if you described what performance you want from the rubber instead of what pimple geometry. More/less spin sensitivity? More/less spin generation? More/less speed? Etc..

There are lots of variables that make a difference to how short pips play.   Unless you have a very deep understanding of short pip design, it might be more fruitful to keep an open mind about what designs to consider..

Edited by ohwell - 11/16/2017 at 12:37pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2017 at 12:40pm
Stiga Radical is a bit like that (but I have no idea if they still sell it).
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2017 at 5:53am
yes you can get stiga radical in uk
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2017 at 11:15am

yes you can get stiga radical in uk

donic baxter f1a
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2017 at 6:10am
Giant Dragon 8228A
The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

john888 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2017 at 8:23am
Yinhe MilkyWay Pulto 1.5 . I going to try soon on BH and update later.
BUTTERFLY VISCARIA FL.
FH:XIOM OMEGA 4 EUROPE
BH:YINHE MILKYWAY PLUTO MP
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2017 at 9:13am
Originally posted by ohwell ohwell wrote:

It might be easier to give pointers if you described what performance you want from the rubber instead of what pimple geometry. More/less spin sensitivity? More/less spin generation? More/less speed? Etc..

There are lots of variables that make a difference to how short pips play.   Unless you have a very deep understanding of short pip design, it might be more fruitful to keep an open mind about what designs to consider..

at the moment im using palio ck531a lp and having excellent results.
however I think I want to try sp as they may be easier to hit with, but then they wont be as good at passive blocks.
I don't want lots of sponge which limits my choices.

I think I will stick to palio for now.
I have tsp magic pips and they feel quite nice on infinity and easier to use than palio ck531a bit I think they are easier to play against too

I should possibly stick to palio for several months until I can use them properly than reevaluate then
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2017 at 9:35am

at the moment im using palio ck531a lp and having excellent results.
however I think I want to try sp as they may be easier to hit with, but then they wont be as good at passive blocks.
I don't want lots of sponge which limits my choices.

I think I will stick to palio for now.
I have tsp magic pips and they feel quite nice on infinity and easier to use than palio ck531a bit I think they are easier to play against too

I should possibly stick to palio for several months until I can use them properly than reevaluate then

Hmm, I know for a lot of offensive players a big hurdle with SP is finding something that has the right balance of spin sensitivity and spin generation for their game.  On that point it should be possible to find something that works for both blocking and hitting.  I'm guessing your concern is something else..

Could you say more about what you're looking for on blocks that makes it hard to find something that also hits well?  Are you looking, e.g. for a setup that makes it easy to take off a lot of speed on blocks? (I could see how that might interfere with hitting..)
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2017 at 9:59am
not sure really, im hitting very well with palio ck531a, surprisingly well actually. its a bit harder v chop or long high shots but then that is the same with sp anyway.
my only though is sp is I would like to receive serve on my bh with th pips then twiddle and play out point with pips on fh.

I cant do this at all with lp on fh but think with sp I could I think easier.
my fh is not spinny, my bh is very spinny or flat depending on shot selection

but if the sp are too much like inverted that negates what I want on bh.
ny bh is very good at hitting through spin with pips of any kind but only on bh
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2017 at 4:01pm

Nittaku Pimplemini fits your description very well, it used to be sold as a short pips rubber. Now it is listed at Paddle Palace in the long pips section, as a medium long pips rubber...
It does generate quite a bit of wobble, but the rubber for me was hard to control and slow. 
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic