FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Boosting Aurus Prime?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boosting Aurus Prime?
    Posted: 12/21/2017 at 1:26pm
Has anyone tried boosting Aurus Prime with good results? Just curious, not sure if it would be too mushy with the ultramax sponge

Or rasanter/bluestorm etc.

Thanks!
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Sponsored Links

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2017 at 1:43pm
I boosted R47. Felt great.

Aurus Prime: unlike R47, it already has a lot of catapult - to me it felt faster than MX-P.
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2017 at 5:17pm
I have boosted Prime and also some friends of mine. I have it on my FH currently but the boosting has worn off.

IT becomes a little softer and there is more catapult effect. One of my friends has observed that while Prime becomes extremely good against offensive players it becomes more difficult to play against choppers / pushers who know what they are doing and who make sure there is always heavy spin on the ball.

My experience is that it becomes rather soft and very catapulty. Great speed on offence but you might not need it - depending on your level. If you are used to boosted Chinese rubber, it might not be so good on the forehand.

Bluestorm Z1 is almost the same thing as Prime but I feel the Tibhar is better in general. IT takes stuning better and it is more refined.

SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2017 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

I have boosted Prime and also some friends of mine. I have it on my FH currently but the boosting has worn off.

IT becomes a little softer and there is more catapult effect. One of my friends has observed that while Prime becomes extremely good against offensive players it becomes more difficult to play against choppers / pushers who know what they are doing and who make sure there is always heavy spin on the ball.

My experience is that it becomes rather soft and very catapulty. Great speed on offence but you might not need it - depending on your level. If you are used to boosted Chinese rubber, it might not be so good on the forehand.

Bluestorm Z1 is almost the same thing as Prime but I feel the Tibhar is better in general. IT takes stuning better and it is more refined.

See, I didn't like when I boosted T05 with two layers of Falco Long, too soft. Would one layer of Prime make it too soft? Which one out of T05 and Prime/Z1 is harder?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2017 at 5:48pm
Then I am pretty sure you would find a tuned Prime too soft.

Out of the three, I do not know which is harder. Z1 and Prime are similar overall. With T05, I do not know because its quality has been hectic around here. I have some friends who bought a couple of sheets from the country's official distributor and the quality was inferior to the sheets they bought a year before. THe older sheets were firmer, the newer ones a little softer with the topsheet having less bite and the sheet produced weaker spin in general.
HarmonicTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2017 at 5:59pm

Then I am pretty sure you would find a tuned Prime too soft.

Out of the three, I do not know which is harder. Z1 and Prime are similar overall. With T05, I do not know because its quality has been hectic around here. I have some friends who bought a couple of sheets from the country's official distributor and the quality was inferior to the sheets they bought a year before. THe older sheets were firmer, the newer ones a little softer with the topsheet having less bite and the sheet produced weaker spin in general.

Sometimes it's old inventory that's why
I've had 10 different t05s come lol
Some were definitely dried and dead topsheet of course I got a replacement after sending hundreds of photos
4 of 10 I ordered were pristine and new as they should be lol but the others had small to major flaws defects
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2017 at 12:53am
Prime is best-in-practice in "as is" state, for sake of what boosting? It is not hard at all and rocket speed and superior spin...idk
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2017 at 12:56am
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

See, I didn't like when I boosted T05 with two layers of Falco Long, too soft. Would one layer of Prime make it too soft? Which one out of T05 and Prime/Z1 is harder?

I knew a guy who boost his T05 with TRF dandoy with good results
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2017 at 9:49am
Is Aurus Prime factory boosted/tuned?

Edited by VictorK - 12/22/2017 at 9:49am
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2017 at 9:49am
Falco booster is totally different from TRF or Dandoy booster.
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic