Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Arylate-Carbon blade alternative

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
HarmonicTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2017 at 1:03pm
Alternative doesn't only mean similar it can also mean other options. Triber z isn't alc neither is stradavarious
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2017 at 1:04pm
I also said the f3 pro as well. I'm giving suggestions to the op in case he needs outside advice on something he never even had thoughts on. Nothing wrong with that
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2017 at 2:16pm
The ALC blades I have liked have been pretty much as expensive as Butterfly blades.  The True Carbon is harder and stiffer so I agree, buy Butterfly if you want Butterfly.  The other stuff is not quite the same.  And the ones that compare are usually not that cheap either.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2017 at 2:24pm
Butterfly is pretty much the Apple of table tennis, people can love it or hate it, but can't find an exact replacement that does what it does! 

So if you have to go with an ALC butterfly blade, check out Prospin's various posts selling viscaria, he usually sells them about 120$, and its also easy to resell it, if you are not happy with it.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2017 at 2:25pm
The 729 V-6  ($22) is the one you want. Just make sure it's in the weight range you like, they tend to run heavy.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RITC-729-Friendship-V-6-V6-V-6-table-tennis-ping-pong-blade/2028580718.html?src=google&albslr=220333460&isdl=y&aff_short_key=UneMJZVf&source=%7Bifdyn:dyn%7D%7Bifpla:pla%7D%7Bifdbm:DBM&albch=DID%7D&src=google&albch=shopping&acnt=708-803-3821&isdl=y&albcp=653478879&albag=34653160498&slnk=&trgt=124033421041&plac=&crea=en2028580718&netw=g&device=c&mtctp=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpo-6l7et2AIVl8VkCh1esAwSEAYYASABEgK5NfD_BwE
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2017 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by HarmonicTT HarmonicTT wrote:

Alternative doesn't only mean similar it can also mean other options. Triber z isn't alc neither is stradavarious

no. it means similar. OP is looking for any blade. He is looking for ALC blade not from Butterfly. He mentioned Stradivarius because some people think Aramid carbon is similar to ALC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2017 at 5:52pm
Ok and how does that explain the trieber z then? Lol I don't get it it's not aramid nor alc?....
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2017 at 6:00pm

Ok and how does that explain the trieber z then? Lol I don't get it it's not aramid nor alc?....

probably mistake

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2017 at 6:24pm
I only suggested maybe he could have the possibility of looking outside alc as he already had treiber z on the list and in no way did I mean to offend or argue with anyone.
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2017 at 11:48pm
For the closest thing to a Butterfly Viscaria I would recommend a Butterfly Viscaria.

Same wood construction, same carbon material, identical in flex and feeling. Identical finish quality.
The price might be not so different, but it depends what seller you deal with. Word of caution: look out for fakes out there!!

FdT
arxidiavol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arxidiavol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2017 at 7:08am
Have not played with Iolite,but it is softer than TB ALC for sure.
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2017 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

For the closest thing to a Butterfly Viscaria I would recommend a Butterfly Viscaria.

Same wood construction, same carbon material, identical in flex and feeling. Identical finish quality.
The price might be not so different, but it depends what seller you deal with. Word of caution: look out for fakes out there!!

FdT

Why you talking crazy?
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2018 at 6:42am
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

FdT

Why you talking crazy?

He's being funny.
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2018 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

probably mistake
Actually I don´t know what material Treiber Z is made of.
And about Strad, I always thought it was made with Arylate-Carbon inside.
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2018 at 9:30pm

I have nothing against other options since they play like an ALC blade.
I´ve listed only ALC blades (at least I thought they were all ALC) because I believe they are closer to the blades I mentioned.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2018 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

probably mistake

Actually I don´t know what material Treiber Z is made of.
And about Strad, I always thought it was made with Arylate-Carbon inside.

Strad made with Aramid-Carbon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic