FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Victas. Matshushita original vs Offensive

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Victas. Matshushita original vs Offensive
    Posted: 01/03/2018 at 4:38am
Two nice blades to test.
My choice about rubbers.
Bh.TspCurl P1rOx VMOriginal. Tsp Curl P1r with some sponge VMOff (tested also withOx).
Fh. Tenergy05 1,9 VMOff. Barracuda 1,8 VMOriginal.

Edited by ejmaster - 01/04/2018 at 12:53pm
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Sponsored Links

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2018 at 4:51am
Handle. Flared both. VMOriginal the st is short compared to Flare.
Blade Thickness is 5,8 in VMOff while 5,0 in VMOriginal.
Both blades are quite stiff.VMOff stiffer but both with good feeling.
The main difference is that the Original is clearly to chop defensive game but the Off allows even to smack with the pips. However the Off may drive to develop an unclear strategy forgeting the defensive patterns that sometimes is fun but other times is going to result in defeat.
The VMOff is a very good off blade itself so one may put two off rubbers and play off. A very interesting blade to play off game. To give some comparison the VMOff is more off than a Stiga Infinity.

Edited by ejmaster - 01/03/2018 at 4:54am
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2018 at 5:05am
IMO the fh rubber to put in VMOriginal would be a fast and powerful tacky chinese Rubber. But as i could not find such a rubber i put Baracuda that fits very well (in 1,8). Less speed than that is not good. I feel the Barracuda feels better than tenergy in VMOriginal and allows to drive slice with side effect easier and more linear than tenergy. I have read some reviews where people liked the bh play in the Original but not so much the Fh. I think this is because of the fh rubber choice.
In this case with Baracuda the Original has a sharp defensive fh even more dangerous than the VMOff with Tenergy. The defensive play and the fh service becomes more precise and versatile in the Original with the Baracuda.
The VM Off shines about bh blocking. So even with Ox plays well. And for sure the Off is very good with the tenergy at the time of being fh offensive.

Edited by ejmaster - 01/03/2018 at 5:18am
EJ Club.

ckhirnigs113 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckhirnigs113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2018 at 12:10pm
I'm a huge fan on the original Victas Koji Matsushita. I have two, both around 90g, one FL handle and one ST handle. I've been using Xiom Vega Japan on these blades for 3-4 years now and am entirely satisfied. It chops great on the FH while also looping and smashing really well! For years I used 2.0mm sponge but moved to MAX last year. I haven't found any drop in control on my chops, but offensive shots are now more deadly. Highly recommend this combination!   
Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita FL
FH: Xiom Vega Japan MAX
BH: TSP P-1R 1.0mm
USATT Rating: 1947
Danthespearton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danthespearton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2018 at 10:33pm
Vivras? LOLTongue Don't you mean Victas? In any case, any of the Victas Matsushita blades are supposed to be very good. I use the VKMO (Matsushita Offensive) and it is really nice.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2018 at 12:49pm
You are right. It is Victas.I misstyped. About the Original mine is 90gr and the VMOff is also 90 gr. Both blades are nice to play.
The original with a spring sponge type rubber in the fh is surprisingly fast and powerful (i even have to take care with the baracuda because sometimes the fh topspin goes longer than what i thought) i do not miss fh speed. Baracuda is slower than tenergy in the middle game but as fast as tenergy at full swing. This is very good because the need of speed is in the long game.
To play a clear defensive game with an allround fh i prefer the Original. But the VMOff is also a fantastic blade.
The VMOff is a monster blade if playing a mixed game. with bh middle pips or bh def pips in rubber and also lp.
These are the difficult to find kind of blades one does not feel is missing something driving you to ej.
But do not be confused.The good Victas blades are these ones. Other Victas blades i tested had nothing special and one can find better blades in the market (eg composite and off blades).These two the Original and the VMOff are extraordinary blades.

Edited by ejmaster - 01/04/2018 at 1:14pm
EJ Club.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic