FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Underrated Rubber with ABS Ball

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Underrated Rubber with ABS Ball
    Posted: 02/28/2018 at 9:04pm
Killerspin Nitrx 4z

I'm sure I tried this rubber by 2010 or so with 40 mm celluloid... And at the time, it did not stand out.

Just tried it again while drilling and found it to be remarkable with a Nittaku Premium 40+.

You can feel like the thinner than normal chinese topsheet on a hard somewhat elastic hybrid sponge. 

On forehand, compared to Sanwei Target National, the Nitrx 4z felt a notch softer, but more linear. The arc is more medium, and the power curve matches more exactly what you put into it. Placement and control are effortless, and both speed and spin are adequate.

On backhand, compared to Rasant, Nitrix 4z has no catapult, but feels similarly firm. It is similar in that it feels like a jack of all trades rubber on backhand. Stable, reliable. Arguably better for topspin to topspin rallies due to less catapult and more stability.

Commonly, people describe this rubber as a "Chinese Sriver". But I feel like that does not do it justice. 

The topsheet really grabs the ABS ball well, and I found it easy to both brush and drive loop with Nitrx 4z.

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Sponsored Links

AndiHL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiHL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2018 at 1:29am
Did you play with booster? Or does the rubber work fine out of the box?
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2018 at 6:12am
Tread carefully here - one more rubber test and Killerspin Fortissimo will be declared an awesome rubber for poly balls :-)
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2018 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by AndiHL AndiHL wrote:

out of the box. literally.  this premade is better (better ratios of spin, speed and control) than a lot of the allround setups i've built over the years.

Edited by icontek - 03/01/2018 at 8:50pm
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2018 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Originally posted by AndiHL AndiHL wrote:

out of the box. literally.  this premade is better (better ratios of spin, speed and control) than a lot of the allround setups i've built over the years.

For 99.99$ it better be... Tongue
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
VSDG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSDG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2018 at 9:51pm
$99.99 is a lot more expensive than many allround setups though.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2018 at 12:06am
You can find it for about $69.99 elsewhere... I just wanted to link back to the manufacturer, because I think that a lot of Robert Blackwell's work for our sport goes underappreciated in the US.

But I'm curious to see how this rubber plays on some of the other blades I own.

The setup is an odd duck though, because the rubber is tacky, and the sponge is medium hard / hard, it would be difficult for a lot of US beginners or recreational/casual/basement players to use initially.

I'm sure they could youtube some pingskills or pathfinder pro and get decent with it pretty quick...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic