Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What's unique about Table Tennis shoes?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2018 at 3:42am
This is a sad subject for me because it is 9AM and just woke up with the nasty pain in my heels. One year ago I finally decided to buy me tt shoes and purchased two pairs of wave medal 5 and since few months I am having a constant pain in my heels. Haven't changed anything else, haven't overdone my training routine. I blame myself for not doing my homework and buying so badly cushioned shoes. These are not good for hard floors, nor offering any special grip. Lateral support yes...I should have stayed with my previous Asics gel blade, or any other badminton or squash shoes all of them offering better cushioning , usually better grip,not necessarily heavier and overly the same height. Only the people with similar experience would understand me.
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
Sponsored Links

anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2018 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

This is a sad subject for me because it is 9AM and just woke up with the nasty pain in my heels. One year ago I finally decided to buy me tt shoes and purchased two pairs of wave medal 5 and since few months I am having a constant pain in my heels. Haven't changed anything else, haven't overdone my training routine. I blame myself for not doing my homework and buying so badly cushioned shoes. These are not good for hard floors, nor offering any special grip. Lateral support yes...I should have stayed with my previous Asics gel blade, or any other badminton or squash shoes all of them offering better cushioning , usually better grip,not necessarily heavier and overly the same height. Only the people with similar experience would understand me.

Kolev - Really sad to hear about your pain and thank you for pointing out the lack of proper cushioning in the Mizuno shoes. I am a big Asics gel shoe fan myself. I usually complement them with an additional gel insole to provide even more cushioning. 
Seeing what you described about your morning heel pain, I would recommend that you get yourself checked for Plantar fasciitis. It is a very common condition and the symptoms sound similar. I know this because my wife is facing the same right now.
Hope you feel better soon!

In my opinion, as Kolev mentioned, the badminton or volleyball court shoes are better for TT in every aspect, as compared to the regular TT shoes. I would recommend Asics gel series.

Edited by anubhav1984 - 07/05/2018 at 5:30pm
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
book4all View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote book4all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2018 at 5:28pm
Buy the Yonex badminton shoes. As sports wise, they are probably the most close. 

For hard floors, the protection from the best badminton shoes is better than table tennis shoes. 

Check Yonex website to find the one fits you.
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2020 at 10:11am
Originally posted by book4all book4all wrote:

Buy the Yonex badminton shoes. As sports wise, they are probably the most close. 

For hard floors, the protection from the best badminton shoes is better than table tennis shoes. 

Check Yonex website to find the one fits you.

I agree. I made a post in 2018 saying badminton < TT shoes, but have now done a 180.

High end Yonex or high end Victor shoes, in my experience, are the best shoes for TT I've worn. I've gone through several pairs of WM5, and now have a few months old WM6's sitting around, as badminton shoes are king. 

Ah well.

[The reason i didn't like badminton shoes earlier was the pair i had was very good, but it was THE most supportive badminton shoe out there, the heel area was way too large for TT. Most badminton shoes are not like this]. Now my weight is down, any vaguely supportive high end badminton shoe has enough support for TT, is just as agile, but is far better across the myriad of flooring situations you find yourself in - I never have to use water, and never lose grip.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic