FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Advice to anything slower/flexible

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice to anything slower/flexible
    Posted: 04/28/2018 at 2:56am
Ladies&Gentlemen i need you to enlight me.LOL

I´ve been playing  with Stiga RW-V since the introduction of the shitty Polly ball,  but i dont fancy to keep playing with it one more season. I´m on my late thirties and my legs aren´t the same as ten years ago and i can´t train as much as before.  It´s a great but demanding for someone that trains really often  or young and fast. When i  play struggle with short game, pushes, receives and blocks since it´s really stiff&bouncy, specially with MXP on my FH.

I´m looking for something with more controllable, with better dwell time, softer outer plies and  not that stiff with better flex and less crisp feeling.  I do like to play close to the table, with power FH and spinny serves  opening angles with my BH  as typical leftie, so i don´t  think i need any  fast or fiber-based stuff.  Another personal taste:  I´m also aware quite sensitive the head since and handle. I do like Stiga Flared Master handle, Maze or Viscaria, but hate thin FL handles as most of Nittakus, and compact blades, not a pan size.

Before my RWV i´ve played with Acoustic ST 79gr for a few years, but quit using it the handle was terrible and the blade was absolutely head heavy with hard rubbers.

I´ve got a few blades to test before buying a new one: I own a JRE, another  Acoustic FL regular size of gold tag, and DHS DI-HS which is a clipper construction with softer outer plyies made of hinoki If noting matches to my game style I wouldnt mind to buy another one, but nothing really expensive or fiber-based.  

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Sponsored Links

Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2018 at 6:26am
Why don't you try something like Primorac off- or Grubba all+. They both fall in the category you demand. I may be wrong, but I think most the newer offerings are thicker and less flexible. BTW, the new Foco off- looks quite a match. I am drooling over the Foco off+. It will fit very well in my collection of "never been used blades".
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2018 at 9:54am
I think, if you feel bouncy close to the table, then you don’t want more flex, and less crisp. I would try softer and thinner rubbers.
Ranger-man View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranger-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2018 at 9:55am
Can also try the Yasaka Sweden Extra. It is very close in play to the Violin. An it is very cheap.
Darker Speed 90 10mm: Dawei IQUL
Ahinoki Lutz Spruce Jpen: 729 SuperFX

Member:
1-ply Hinoki Club
Violin/Acoustic Clan

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2018 at 10:15am
It is important to think about softness and stiffness seperately. I would advise you to test the clipper-like blade and see how you like the difference in hardness. It should be pretty stiff, so you can concentrate on how the softer feel suits you.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2018 at 5:08pm
I could test JRE today for a while so I will share my thoughts.

JRE is really on the balance size but lacks a bit of power. You need to hit really hard and lots of effort specially at smashes. Blocking, pushes and overall short game is cool but in order to be fast enough, you must use mid to hard rubber, otherwise itll be so bouncy.

Next day I'll try new Di-HT...

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2018 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Ranger-man Ranger-man wrote:

Can also try the Yasaka Sweden Extra. It is very close in play to the Violin. An it is very cheap.

or if you want a blade the price of the Rosewood with better build quality and feel - then the Virtuoso+ in M (not small) will satisfy the feeling for a little bit more flex and close to the table control for push and drop shot - all with a great handle. 

Limba outerplies.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
juanma4080 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juanma4080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2018 at 10:11pm
A butterfly long Linghui will suit with the description, if you want I have one to trade! Regards.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2018 at 10:35pm
In that department - flexier, a bit slower than OFF blades you mentioned, with control and some softness - I really liked Nexy Rubicon.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2018 at 11:27am
Infinity
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2018 at 12:28pm
I had an Infinity 4 years ago but lacked power (its really hard to find a heavy sample) and splinters came off whenever I tried to peel off the rubbers. Poor quality.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2018 at 1:48pm
I just geared down to the Nexy Lissom, slapped Vega Pro on fh and life is real good.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2018 at 6:10pm
Today I tried DHS Di-HT. Didn't like it at all. Soft, thick but slow with hollow typical Hinoki feeling with lots of vibrations. However I tried Acoustic afterwards and it's a breeze, there's nothing that matches with NAC: Tons of control with great feeling and intermediate speed.

I'll keep searching, but so far, Acoustic wins the pursuit.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2018 at 3:47am
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

I had an Infinity 4 years ago but lacked power (its really hard to find a heavy sample) and splinters came off whenever I tried to peel off the rubbers. Poor quality.

I've never had splinters off, although I play Infinity for 5 years. 
I change blade every year, though.
You may had a bad sample!

The most popular allwood flexible blades are:

1. Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive (if you find an old one)
2. Stiga Infinity
3. Tibhar Stratus Power Wood
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2018 at 8:03am
Obviously if you change your blade every year you'll rarely have any issues with splinters off.

I got one of the first batches, mine was quite light, something at 83-85 I think.

I also consider Latika,PG2, Artic or Celero, which are reasonable priced and look fine. I personally love most of Nittaku blades but their handles are terrible as well as their blade tend to be head heavy oriented.

Edited by jonyer1980 - 05/03/2018 at 8:05am
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic