Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - High Throw Rubber - slow vs fast stroke -Tenergy05
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

High Throw Rubber - slow vs fast stroke -Tenergy05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MTMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: High Throw Rubber - slow vs fast stroke -Tenergy05
    Posted: 05/16/2018 at 5:46pm
After being away for 10 years, I'm not enjoying the 'heck' out of TT again. And I see that equipment has improved, along with 40+mm balls which I'm not a hug fan of.

BUT I do like the Tenergy 05 rubber. I've always liked high throw rubber. 

But do have some questions about high throw rubber. 

1. Tenergy 05 is rated at high throw. Is it high throw only at substantially strong stroke where the book sinks deeper into the rubber or is it high throw at all speeds? 

My impression is that when I really dig into it with a strong stroke, it becomes high throw but at slow low powered stroke very close to the table, it does not seem to be high throw.  Am I wrong about this?  (When I do a strong loop with the 05, it really rips! Love that feeling.) 

2. Are there some rubbers that's higher throw at slow speed strokes, and some rubber higher throw at high speed strokes?  If so, what rubber has higher throw at low speed strokes?  I can play near the table or further from the table but recently have been playing very close to the table and taking the ball on the rise to quicken the pace and have better angles. These are more reactive strokes rather than having the full body rotation to make a stroke.  As a result, my strokes are not as fully developed or powerful - so I am now wondering about rubber that are high throw at lower powered strokes. 

Thanks in advance for any insight. 

ps: I still do not like the 40+ mm balls. They feel deader to me and don't seem to curve as much with top spin.  What 40+ mm balls feel most like the celluloid balls of the past? 

Edited by MTMT - 05/17/2018 at 3:35am
Sponsored Links

vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2018 at 5:57pm
to me the Nittaku premium 40+ spin the best.

not sure about the throw angle at different speeds
bars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2018 at 6:40pm
tenergy 05 fx might have the higher throw at lower speed. it has a softer sponge
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2018 at 8:17pm
I don't think it's an issue of the rubber doing different things at different speed.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2018 at 11:50pm
MTMT, welcome back! 

I had about a four year hiatus, and came back to these horrible 40+ balls.

The Nittaku Premium are the least awful. 
Nothing plays with the spin, or trajectories of celluloid.
DHS D40+(and balls made by DHS, like the STIGA Perform 40+) are better than most of the other balls not marked Nittaku Premium.

There are rubbers that are high throw at different gears. 

The original Rasant comes to mind. Honestly, if you can pick up a sheet of this, it plays really well with the plastic balls, and is pretty versatile. Kind of like "Mark V for the plastic ball".

I'm not a fan of the Rasanters, but I've only played with 37 and 42.

Edited by icontek - 05/16/2018 at 11:55pm
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
col6628 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote col6628 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2018 at 3:47am
hi, just put tenergy 05 on my trieber z 2.1 fh, 1.9bh , i have been using rasanters r47 bh and fh 2.0 see how it goes i will let you know. purchase tenergys from the forum.
MTMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2018 at 1:15pm
Thanks everyone for the replies. Keep it coming.

Where would I purchase the Tenergy on the forum?  Got my first sheet on a discount but the dealer is hard to find. Love tog et more on a discount...:)
col6628 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote col6628 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2018 at 1:23pm
hi, purchase 05 of mprzbylik, came 4 day after purchase. spot on
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2018 at 11:22pm
it just means if you hit the same way between two rubbers, one comes off at a higher angle.

i can hit either horizontal or high arc fast or slow. 
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic