Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Top 10 Table Tennis Serves By Viet Nam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lamlangset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lamlangset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Top 10 Table Tennis Serves By Viet Nam
    Posted: 09/22/2018 at 10:50am
Top 10 Table Tennis Serve By Me (Player Rank B in Viet Nam)
Just for fun!!! Thanks for watching Smile

https://www.youtube.com/user/tunglam15041993
Sponsored Links

kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2018 at 12:32pm
I have watched it. 
The problem of all your services is: your arm must go to the ball so you could throw the ball vertically.
If the ball goes to your arm, it is impossible to throw the ball +/- vertically and all your services are illegal.

Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
The soul of rock View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2018 at 9:56pm
It's a thing in Vietnam that many people serve illegally and are super proud with that. I have had a time on the receiving end of those services and it does help to improve my receiving quite a bit.
Viscaria FL
FH: Nittaku Hurricane 3 NEO
BH: Tenergy 05
-------
My feedback
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2018 at 1:48am
Originally posted by lamlangset lamlangset wrote:

Top 10 Table Tennis Serve By Me (Player Rank B in Viet Nam)
Just for fun!!!

Most of these serves are insanely illegal !!!  Only the tomahawk serves come even close to being thrown vertically.  Look at this single sequence and see that the ball is thrown further horizontally than vertically!  No attempt is made to throw the ball up but all the effort goes into throwing the ball backwards into the body.  Look how hidden the ball is at contact!

1.  The hand is already in motion.  Note how close to the centre line it starts.

2. The ball is at the TOP of its trajectory.  Note how close to the edge of the table it is.

3.  I had to extend the picture to the left to accommodate the point of contact (actually the bat has not yet hit the ball).  Note the ball is behind the player's right shoulder.  Note the serving arm has not been removed.

FWIW, I don't think there's any "fun!!!" in serving illegally, which is obviously what you do given you show us how you do this in match play.  Thumbs Down

Edited by Tassie52 - 09/23/2018 at 1:51am
balldance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balldance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2018 at 4:45am
Originally posted by The soul of rock The soul of rock wrote:

It's a thing in Vietnam that many people serve illegally and are super proud with that. I have had a time on the receiving end of those services and it does help to improve my receiving quite a bit.

I'm Vietnamese, I can confirm it's true and very embarassing. My serves are legal and I'm often at a serious disadvantage when playing those guys in tournaments.

The serve rules are only applied in professional tournaments, sometimes loosely. In non-pro tournaments, the umpires often don't call illegal serves because there are too many people doing it and they will make a fuss everytime an umpire or the opponent calls their serve. Very ugly yet they are proud of it because they are often the winner due to the serve.

Edited by balldance - 09/23/2018 at 4:48am
NBSR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NBSR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2018 at 10:35am
Good variety of serves, quite informative. Although as others have pointed out, the legality of the serves would raise a fuss for many people. I would probably call you out on it if I were to play you, most especially not being able to see the point of contact.

The trajectory of one particular serve that Tassie52 pointed out above is quite ridiculous though. I'm looking at the tomahawk serve also and even then, you toss it towards you.

Overall, great serves. Although without the hiding of service and the non-vertical throw, they would probably render them mediocre with not much deception or spin (like my serves).
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2018 at 1:46am
Everyone is harping on the hidden serves and horizontal ball tosses, but if everyone else is doing it, I don't see any dishonor in joining them. I too hide my serves if I think the opponent is hiding them blatantly. Just treat it as if you're playing a retro version of table tennis with hidden serves before all the ITTF rule changes
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2018 at 3:19am
Originally posted by blahness blahness wrote:

Everyone is harping on the hidden serves and horizontal ball tosses, but if everyone else is doing it, I don't see any dishonor in joining them. I too hide my serves if I think the opponent is hiding them blatantly. Just treat it as if you're playing a retro version of table tennis with hidden serves before all the ITTF rule changes

The problem is.....TT is an homologated sport (like Walter Sobchak said in "the big Lebowski" about bowling) and there are rules. If you don't respect rules, then, why not beginning the point by a straight smash instead of a serve for instance. 
 Also it is better to penalize people who do irregular serves than advice people who serve regular doing irregular ones. The same in bike competition for instance : would you advice people to take doping product ?

Edited by kakapo - 09/24/2018 at 3:20am
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic