Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Difference in the original vs new Mizutani Jun ZLC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Difference in the original vs new Mizutani Jun ZLC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Humble Bear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Difference in the original vs new Mizutani Jun ZLC
    Posted: 09/27/2018 at 6:25pm
Do you know is there a difference other than the cosmetic design?

I would like to get one but not sure to get the new or used...I like the old design since my MJ SZLC is very similar to the new MJ ZLC.

Edited by Humble Bear - 09/27/2018 at 6:31pm
ZJK ALC, MJ SZLC, Viscaria
Sponsored Links

Luis.agr06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis.agr06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2018 at 8:38pm
Nothing is different. Same specs just a different look. 8m actually have for sale if your interested
Xiom Vega Pro
Rakza
Omega Asia

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2018 at 11:22pm
I'm interested if condition is good & right price.  I don't see it for sale by 8M Wacko
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2018 at 12:45am
I have both. the FL handle in the new one is a bit beefier than the old one.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2018 at 2:07am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

I have both. the FL handle in the new one is a bit beefier than the old one.

That's nice to know. So other than that, there is no difference?
cherng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2018 at 1:32am
I own 2 both New and Old model. There are differences.
NEW model is harder and faster. Can do one shot killing and can play with H3.
Old model is soft and need a lot of energy to play with. Require effort and much energy to drive the ball repeatedly until win. Not good to play with H3. It would be considered lack of power for 40+ plastic ball.
People who love Old model is encouraged to buy the New Model. This is definitely an upgrade.

Yoshimura Maharu Limited Edition

FH: Tenergy 05

BH: Tenergy 64

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2018 at 1:35am
Originally posted by cherng cherng wrote:

Old model is soft and need a lot of energy to play with. Require effort and much energy to drive the ball repeatedly until win. Not good to play with H3. It would be considered lack of power for 40+ plastic ball.
People who love Old model is encouraged to buy the New Model. This is definitely an upgrade.

Thanks for your input.  Do you know the weight of both blades?
cherng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2018 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Humble Bear Humble Bear wrote:

Thanks for your input.  Do you know the weight of both blades?

Please choose blade with weight between 88-92g. It will be better.

cherng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2018 at 9:10pm
Not suggest the Super ZLC. Most people give up on it as it is lack of speed and spin. The only advantage is easy to block opponent ball, and opponent also easy to block your ball. After sometime, you will find it difficult to kill opponent. In fact, I owned 2 pieces Mizutani SZLC, and I have given up on these 2 SZLC. And, most of my friends gave up on SZLC as well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2018 at 10:29pm

Not suggest the Super ZLC. Most people give up on it as it is lack of speed and spin. The only advantage is easy to block opponent ball, and opponent also easy to block your ball. After sometime, you will find it difficult to kill opponent. In fact, I owned 2 pieces Mizutani SZLC, and I have given up on these 2 SZLC. And, most of my friends gave up on SZLC as well.

cherng, are you saying the ZLC is faster than the Super ZLC?  The JM Super ZLC is thicker and much denser than the ZLC, there is no way that the ZLC is faster.  I find my SZLC super fast and super spinny (faster than the Timo Boll T5000 and Primorac Carbon).  I bet you bought the fake ones.

Here is my review on the Revspin (the review by Humble-Bear):
https://revspin.net/blade/butterfly-jun-mizutani-super-zlc.html
cherng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2018 at 1:25am
Originally posted by Humble Bear Humble Bear wrote:

cherng, are you saying the ZLC is faster than the Super ZLC?  The JM Super ZLC is thicker and much denser than the ZLC, there is no way that the ZLC is faster.  I find my SZLC super fast and super spinny (faster than the Timo Boll T5000 and Primorac Carbon).  I bet you bought the fake ones.

Here is my review on the Revspin (the review by Humble-Bear):
https://revspin.net/blade/butterfly-jun-mizutani-super-zlc.html

Not fake blade. Purchased from reputable authorize Butterfly Shop.  
Try to own all of them, and use it in competition, then you will know the difference. You use Mizutani SZLC attack, opponent is easier to block the attack and ball keep coming back; When you use Mizutani ZLC new model to attack, opponent gets more pressure and not that easier to block your attack.
Which is better is up to own preference, winning rate. 

Pr1nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pr1nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2018 at 8:19am

This is not true. I play with Mizutani ZLC for 9 years and I now using old print version and I also have brand new one in a box old print version as a substitute. My friend has new print Mizutani ZLC with same rubbers as mine and they play same with a sligtly small difference because of weight difference.
Blade: Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: Victas V > 15 Extra
BH: Victas V > 15 Extra
Pr1nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pr1nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2018 at 8:22am

This is also not true, Mizutani super ZLC is harder and faster with less control and less dwell time then Mizutani ZLC. But again everybody have own opinion.
Blade: Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: Victas V > 15 Extra
BH: Victas V > 15 Extra

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2019 at 3:33pm
I have bought both the new and old Mizutani ZLC and found out myself that they play the same. Both are FL handle and the old one is slight thicker but new one is slightly wider (very subtle differences). They feel similar to my MJ SZLC but slower, little bit softer, but with more control.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2019 at 12:10am
Good thing that I always seal my blades with polyurethane and that protects the blade from the water glue and preserves the wood.
B_C View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B_C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2020 at 8:52am
Hi All wondering are you all still feel worth to get the new Mizutani ZLC instead of Mizutani SuperZLC especially for new 40+ plastic ball now? What are the best combination rubber that you think for Mizutani ZLC. I am using viscaria and interested to try Mizutani ZLC if the can provide more steability, control and of cuz better in backhand as well as mid table that will be awesome. Hope to hear from you all soon as I found it mizutani zlc have very less review lately.OuchOuchOuch
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2020 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by America America wrote:

The reason you, and most people, find old models to play differently is mostly due to the ageing of wood with glue. The wood becomes softer, no longer retaining its crisp feel at the start. For some, this may be worse as the sound becomes more muffled and feel softer, but others may like this feeling. The idea that the old model is soft and "lacks power for 40+ plastic ball" is just nonsense. 
if that's true, and I believe it  might very well be, there is an easy way to experiment and verify: kiln dry an older MJ that is slower and softer and see how it plays after losing 3 or 4 grams of moisture. I used to do that leaving the blade close to my hot furnace in winter and they lost that much water in 3 days and played crispier. Note that I never had a warping problem doing that; it's a legit concern but it just never happened to me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic