FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nittaku fastarc G1 vs Vega Pro

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2019 at 2:21pm
I've played with VP long time ago, but IIRC it's softer and more forgiving than G1. G1 forces you to play perfect and doesn't help when you are in bad position. Also, I feel that is not that linear.
If you have good strokes and footwork G1 will reward you, otherwise it'll punish you.
Sponsored Links

Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2019 at 4:46pm
G1 has a little less catapult / speed / is more linear
that's about it, they are very very similar rubbers
Silver Server View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver Server Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2019 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Thot Thot wrote:

If you have good strokes and footwork G1 will reward you, otherwise it'll punish you.
Thanks, sounds like you have to be a certain level to really benefit from G1 whereas VP is better for average club players. 
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2019 at 1:16pm
Go with Vega pro if you are still perfecting your technique, pretty darn easy to use bh rubber. 
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2019 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by nv42 nv42 wrote:

Go with Vega pro if you are still perfecting your technique, pretty darn easy to use bh rubber. 

How times have changed. Compare the above (and pretty much all preceding Vega pro comments - linear, high throw,  easy to use) with the original impressions  it made on some 2200+ players...

Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2019 at 2:20pm
It's sad, but this thread is filled with misinformation.
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver Server Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2019 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

LOL correct it!
Ieyasu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ieyasu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2019 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Silver Server Silver Server wrote:

LOL correct it!
+1 (Please)

Edited by Ieyasu - 09/14/2019 at 4:59pm
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2019 at 6:38am
Fine.

First of all, they are not as different as people are implying.
After all, they are ESN rubbers from the same generation, have the exact same sponge hardness (47,5) and are tenergy clones (small dense pip structure topsheet with cake sponge).

The main difference is that VP is faster and more bouncy due to softer topsheet and a faster sponge.
(it has carbon podwer in it, which causes it to have better energy efficiency)
G1 on the other hand has less bounce, speed and maybe a tad more spin when performing the stroke with perfect technique. That's about it.
Things like "sounds like you have to be a certain level to really benefit from G1 whereas VP is better for average club players" are just plainly wrong.

Source: My club has it's own shop (housing one of germany's biggest brands), whose owners I talk to, several 2300+ level players which I talk to and the over 3 dozen ESN rubbers I have tested over the years.

But of course you are free to believe whatever. Pick your poison.

Edited by Hozuki - 09/15/2019 at 6:39am
Ieyasu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ieyasu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2019 at 10:22am
Thx!
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver Server Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2019 at 11:38am

After all, they are ESN rubbers from the same generation, have the exact same sponge hardness (47,5) and are tenergy clones (small dense pip structure topsheet with cake sponge).

The main difference is that VP is faster and more bouncy due to softer topsheet and a faster sponge.
Thanks for the break down 
Ingo_Ger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo_Ger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2019 at 3:56pm

Totally agree!

G1 on the other hand has less bounce, speed and maybe a tad more spin when performing the stroke with perfect technique. That's about it.
That's also my impression after playing both of them on the same blade for at least 2 sessions each and the difference is really small.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2019 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by Ingo_Ger Ingo_Ger wrote:

Totally agree!

That's also my impression after playing both of them on the same blade for at least 2 sessions each and the difference is really small.

I agree as well.   A lot of this comes down to personal preference but I prefer G1 and would recommend I more highly.   But I see why someone might prefer Vega Pro.  Just not me.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2019 at 10:25am
Good, I'm glad we could clear up the confusion.

Maybe I would add that G1 has a bit more control.
And who doesn't want more control on their fast spinny rubbers?
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2019 at 11:15am
I´ve already tried both. And I go with G1 in every situation, FH or BH.
Vega Pro has a higher catapult which I found hard to control in short game and also when looping. Every ball went over the table, maybe it´s my style of looping, but I didn´t like at all. I had the feeling that the rubber was too fast, over-designed. Bluefire M1 was the same thing, too fast and hard to control.
G1, in the other hand, has less catapult, is more spinny and more controllable. Also more linear, I used it in FH and had no problems looping, fast or slowly. In BH it is easy to block and control the game.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2019 at 2:35pm
On my mj szlc, G-1 2.0 on both sides means 190gr balanced and controlled. It’s more powerful than my old mj with blitz x2 which was one of the best combos I ever played but in the short game it’s more controllable while offering more penetration power on harder shots, more spin for the same input, it’s just better. I’m sure gurus would say that it’s still too fast for my level but it’s not that overly so, thanks to the (I suppose) longer compression time of G-1, keeping the ball a bit longer but releasing it with more oomph.

Edited by stiltt - 09/16/2019 at 2:37pm
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2019 at 10:25pm
Can anyone compare G-1 to Rakza X?  I've been using RX on my Jpen for quite a while and have been thinking about trying G-1.
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2019 at 10:46am
Is the G-1 much slower than the Tenergies, say 05 Hard? Also, if anyone happen to have tried both G1 and V15 extra and/or MXP ... 

please share your feedback on its speed.

Edited by notfound123 - 09/17/2019 at 11:44am
Slowhand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slowhand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2019 at 1:28pm
G1 is slower than T05, T05H and MX-P. Never tried V15.
Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2019 at 4:21pm
In my above post about which rubber is more appropriate for a basement player I simply wrote my experience I had with one of my opponents.
He usually plays and prefers slow and dead setups. In a few occasions we switched blades and the feedback was:
Vega Pro - he liked that he could impart spin easily, but didn't like the bounciness.
FastArc G-1 - he tested the rubbers on a few different blades and each time asked me how can I play with hard and uncontrollable rubbers.
He used the rubbers for a few games, G1 more often than VP, and he wouldn't use any of them long term. His game is based on placement, speed variation and doesn't make many unforced errors.

frankie View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2022 at 5:11am
Tried them both on bh and fh.
Both have medium hard sponge of 47dg, VP with carbo sponge and G1 with orange sponge.
VP is more bouncy with good spin, G1 has more gears, not so bouncy and also has very good spin.
In short game, found G1 easier as this is less spin sensitive. In topspin play, both are good but I've found G1 having a bit more spin. 
In powerplay, G1 doesn't have that extra catapult whereas VP does have it a bit more and with G1 sometimes ball drifts too long.
Played them on Limba and Hinoki woods. G1 requires more body effort and with VP, I often could not feel the ball quite good. But maybe due to my bad technique. In that respect, I've found Vega X better.
Service game: G1 > VP
Topspin play near: G1 > VP
Topspin halflong: VP = G1
Blok: VP = G1
Powerplay: VP > G1
Durability: G1 > VP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic