Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who uses short pips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Lula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2019 at 6:47am
Originally posted by serr serr wrote:

But she almost never has to blocks high quality loops

I think the loops from the female pros is proably of higher quality compared to many of male amateur players. 
Sponsored Links

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2019 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Lula Lula wrote:

If Ito can play good with moristo, then it is proably nothing wrong with the rubber.

There was a korean chopper sponsored by nittaku her LP was way diffrent compared with stock version , even premium pro nittaku balls are diffrent
serr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2019 at 4:04pm
does moristo have good feel? I find most short pips very mushy and slow except that one 802 with orange sponge, it had that sharp feeling with lovely cracking sound, had it only been a little spinnier Cry
lasta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2019 at 9:34pm

does moristo have good feel? I find most short pips very mushy and slow except that one 802 with orange sponge, it had that sharp feeling with lovely cracking sound, had it only been a little spinnier Cry

Compared to 802, just about all modern pips feel mushy. My conclusion is that sharp cracking feel comes from the hard topsheet. All tensor pips (and inverted for that matter) nowadays seem to go for the soft and thin top sheet trend. Unfortunate really.

Try your 802 on a soft tensor sponge. I find the hard topsheet+soft bouncy sponge amplifies the cracking sound. Although your blade matters even more (very hard to get cracking with alc blades).

On one setup I have 802 over Hexer sponge, would hazard an even softer sponge would feel crispier yet. This combo is faster than the original Hexer pips.

Cheers.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2019 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by lasta lasta wrote:

Compared to 802, just about all modern pips feel mushy. My conclusion is that sharp cracking feel comes from the hard topsheet. All tensor pips (and inverted for that matter) nowadays seem to go for the soft and thin top sheet trend. Unfortunate really.

Try your 802 on a soft tensor sponge. I find the hard topsheet+soft bouncy sponge amplifies the cracking sound. Although your blade matters even more (very hard to get cracking with alc blades).

On one setup I have 802 over Hexer sponge, would hazard an even softer sponge would feel crispier yet. This combo is faster than the original Hexer pips.

Cheers.

Hexer pips and 102 have a nice cracking sound . How come you got the hexer sponge? Some sponges are hard to remove with wet towel and iron
lasta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2019 at 10:13pm
Good point. Some glues are very hard to remove, I've ripped enough sheet to shed a tear. But towel, iron, and time works.

Never tried 102, but (IMO) Hexer is one of the mushiest I've tried, fairly soft pips on medium soft sponge. The old Chinese "cooked" pips are still the best in the crackling department. 802, 802-40, 651 on a tensor sponge is excellent albeit slightly expensive option. TSP spinpips comes second, although still softer vs Chinese pips.

For a cheaper "80% performance" option, the AK47 blue sponge comes close to tensors and topsheet it easy to remove (careful though because the sponge is easy to rip).

Or just get a thinner sponge, instant crisp.

Edited by lasta - 01/22/2019 at 10:22pm
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/22/2019 at 11:42pm

Good point. Some glues are very hard to remove, I've ripped enough sheet to shed a tear. But towel, iron, and time works.

Never tried 102, but (IMO) Hexer is one of the mushiest I've tried, fairly soft pips on medium soft sponge. The old Chinese "cooked" pips are still the best in the crackling department. 802, 802-40, 651 on a tensor sponge is excellent albeit slightly expensive option. TSP spinpips comes second, although still softer vs Chinese pips.

For a cheaper "80% performance" option, the AK47 blue sponge comes close to tensors and topsheet it easy to remove (careful though because the sponge is easy to rip).

What sponge have you removed? Tried mark v and t05 no luck
lasta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2019 at 12:09am
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

What sponge have you removed? Tried mark v and t05 no luck

I keep getting error messages and lost the post.

I also had no luck with T05 and Xiom's carbon sponges, seems like the topsheet would melt before the glue gives way. Let me know if you find a way because the Xiom especially seems like a durable high bounce sponge.

As for me, not enough to be an expert, but so far tried: spinpips red, hexer, AK47, Adidas blaze spin, waran, and most of my Chinese pips. Chinese sponges are easier to peel as they are (except for AK47) non-brittle. The TSP sponge ripped, waran's was very easy to remove.

Regarding your earlier question, I didn't like Hexer pips at all so sacrificed a nearly new sheet just to get the sponge lol. At least the sponge is great!

Edited by lasta - 01/23/2019 at 12:14am
serr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2019 at 3:14am
What about 802-40 on waran sponge?
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2019 at 8:34am

Waran doesnt have the same sponge asit used to be, my last 2 sheets feels harder
serr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2019 at 9:35am
That would be a good thing
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2019 at 12:13am

Symetry stiga short pips looks interesting
Lula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2019 at 4:51am
i feel like you guys are doing this more difficult than it have to be. There are plenty of short pimple rubbers that are good as they are from the beginning. I think i could play pretty good with alot of them as long as they are fast enough. I think you need to use a rubber for some weeks or months to be able to give it a fair chance. I also think it is more about the blade, i you want to hit with the pimple the blade need to be pretty fast and stiff. So use them on a good blade before writing them off. 
lasta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2019 at 8:27pm

i feel like you guys are doing this more difficult than it have to be. There are plenty of short pimple rubbers that are good as they are from the beginning. I think i could play pretty good with alot of them as long as they are fast enough. I think you need to use a rubber for some weeks or months to be able to give it a fair chance. I also think it is more about the blade, i you want to hit with the pimple the blade need to be pretty fast and stiff. So use them on a good blade before writing them off. 

Yes, I understand, and admit to a serious case of EJ. ESN sponges are miles ahead of anything pumped out of Chinese factories, but they just can't seem to be bothered with making a hard rubber topsheet. Just personal preference that's all.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2019 at 11:11pm

Yes, I understand, and admit to a serious case of EJ. ESN sponges are miles ahead of anything pumped out of Chinese factories, but they just can't seem to be bothered with making a hard rubber topsheet. Just personal preference that's all.

I dont tbink so. A custom 35 deg sponge from gold palm trading or avalox sponge paired with 802 topsheet is as good or better than many expensive sp..spectol blud has a hard topsheet and other non chinese pips too
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic