Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WRM Video Translations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
balldance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balldance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2019 at 12:50pm
Great video. Thank you so much, mickd. There are so many interesting tutorials in Japanese, normally I try to guess the content, but sometimes it's impossible.

Can you do this one when you have time? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGe2Mi8-n2g
I know it takes a lot of time so you don't need to translate everything, just the main tips are great enough. I'm interested in what they say about the contact points (base and tip of racket).

and this one as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4mtAFDj54I

Edited by balldance - 05/24/2019 at 1:48pm
Sponsored Links

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2019 at 1:03pm
 It would be very helpful to get trasnlated this video of chinese team coach
Lu yuan sen.(wang nan s coach)

Edited by mykonos96 - 05/24/2019 at 1:06pm
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2019 at 7:30am
No worries, dual700!

You're welcome, balldance. I'll add those to the list. The second one you linked with the Chinese guy was actually the one I was talking about in my previous post here :)

Originally posted by mickd mickd wrote:

I actually saw another serve video by WRM that looks really interesting too. I saw it before bed so I didn't watch the whole thing, but it was good.

I might get to that one earlier because I found it quite interesting too.

@mykonos96
That's not in Japanese and isn't a WRM video, but the gist of it was the guy had the incorrect weight transfer. He was going from left to right leg. He was told do the opposite and go from right to left leg. That would allow him to cover his forehand easier since after the backhand he's already got his weight on the left leg, allowing him to push off that leg to take a step with his right leg and transfer the weight directly.

When Wakamiya Misako (former world rank 24, part of Japan's 2015 World Table Tennis team) came to the place I get coaching, she also mentioned about that for close to the table footwork. I've always had it the opposite direction, which my coach said is okay when you've taken a step back since you have time and you can get more power.

The video also mentioned being more light on your feet, which is what they were doing at the end with the shadow practice.

If you'd like a proper translation, maybe someone else can take a look at it. My Chinese is okay, but I can't actually check words up in a dictionary like I can with Japanese ha.

Edited by mickd - 05/25/2019 at 7:38am
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2020 at 12:33am
Hey guys. Sorry it has been so long. I had planned to get a lot more translated, but real life and other things distracted me from getting more done.

Anyway, it has been over a year and I plan to get a few more done during the summer break here.

However... I found out that YouTube is planning to discontinue community driven subtitles in September...

So what to do... what to do...

Apparently Google recommends using Amara. I've never heard of it before but having a quick look, I'm not sure if it'll allow me to do things like I currently have for free. I think maybe the channel owners would need to make an account (possibly paid). If anyone has experience with this platform, let me know.

Sad...
Hamasaki_Fanz View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamasaki_Fanz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2020 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by mickd mickd wrote:

Hey guys. Sorry it has been so long. I had planned to get a lot more translated, but real life and other things distracted me from getting more done.

Anyway, it has been over a year and I plan to get a few more done during the summer break here.

However... I found out that YouTube is planning to discontinue community driven subtitles in September...

So what to do... what to do...

Apparently Google recommends using Amara. I've never heard of it before but having a quick look, I'm not sure if it'll allow me to do things like I currently have for free. I think maybe the channel owners would need to make an account (possibly paid). If anyone has experience with this platform, let me know.

Sad...

You can just teach us nihongo. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu.
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2020 at 7:50pm
The best way to learn nihongo is to live in nihon for at least a few years :)

Of course, if anyone has any shitsumon, they can ask me anytime.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic