Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The Pivotal trick to enhance all your stroke!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Pivotal trick to enhance all your stroke!!
    Posted: 02/15/2019 at 2:30pm
This is what i get through my research  from many top coaches' view. If you have another though ,don't hesitate to put i there.
  “Jin Shou"(in chinese "紧手" , means "tighten your grip") aka "Zhua Pai“(in chinese ” 抓拍“ means “grasp the blade”) is the final and most pivotal trick to the quality of all your stroke. It means the instant grasping the blade when it meet the ball. You can After lots of training, when you have good footwork, precise timing, correct form, it's time for you to learn how to use this trick.
 You can experience this trick by holding your partner‘s hand or just your another hand. First hold the hand in a " relaxed but not letting go" status(this is how  we should hold our blades, as we all know, to relax our arms, shoulders. Try to tighten your fist and relax your arm, will find it is impossible ), then instantly grasp the hand ( Do not break yours or your partners' finger...). Now you feel both your muscle and the blade will get during the "Jin Shou".
  This trick can be used in every kind of stroke: Topspin, flat shot, short push, long push , chop.  And since it is almost invisible but really makes lots of difference of your stroke, it will help you go a high level when you know when to do it and when not to do it. Timing is most important!

This is Zhang Jike VS Ma Long IN 2014 Austrian Open.  You will find some examples when watching at 0.5-0.75 x speed!

Sorry for my poor English and hope other members will help to make this idea clear and easy to understand! 

Edited by Robin.w - 02/15/2019 at 4:04pm
Sponsored Links

BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2019 at 3:17pm
I've been told this by coaches before and I'm sure it is true.  

Unfortunately I am stuck on the "when you have good footwork, precise timing, correct form" part.

Maybe in ten years.
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2019 at 4:33pm
I already gave up those but wanna start the”Jin Shou” righ now . Starting from push to achieve better time and feel the difference 

Edited by Robin.w - 02/15/2019 at 7:42pm
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2019 at 3:03am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2019 at 4:02am
Firming up the grip right at impact is a way to deliver maximum force to the ball at impact.

It can add pace... it can help overcome spin already on the ball... it can help add spin to a powerloop.

It is also how I make FH smash power on BH wing with a very short stroke against the right ball.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2019 at 4:57am
For me it can only be an amplifier, if the rest of the stroke is not correct it still won't help you....

Another amazing power and spin amplifier is the pronation for FH and supination for BH.... I've recently started intentionally incorporating it, and from initial tests it's already having some very amazing results. I got the idea from Fan Zhendong slow motion videos... 

Might post a short video about how it works in the next few weeks...

Edited by blahness - 02/16/2019 at 8:02am
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2019 at 9:28am
I always say that, but some insist that you have to always have it loose in the hand.

A very firm grip is what gives you spin and control on serves as well as spin and control on all shots.
Robin.w View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin.w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2019 at 10:52am
This is just a instant grasp and you still need to relax your hand , arm , shoulder!

Edited by Robin.w - 02/16/2019 at 4:04pm
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2019 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Lightzy Lightzy wrote:

I always say that, but some insist that you have to always have it loose in the hand.

A very firm grip is what gives you spin and control on serves as well as spin and control on all shots.

Firm only at contact, loose at all other times imo... 
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic