Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DIGNICS 05 at 104.99$ (Per butterfly Website)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Will you even try the new Butterfly rubber when it comes out?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
63 [86.30%]
10 [13.70%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2019 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

Standard price for Tenergy Vietnam is vnd1,400,000 which is about 64usd. if you know the shop owner or a coach you can get about 5 bucks off. 

A higher level player than myself once told me that Tenergy in lower priced markets isn't actually as good as Tenergy bought in higher priced places. Is that true?

Never saw any noticeable difference between the ones that I purchased from US (higher priced market) and the one purchased from China/Hong Kong/Singapore.
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
Sponsored Links

chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 12:40am
100 of frozen deer velvet costs 50AUD.
100grs of Panax Gingseng costs 100AUD
Plus some different precious rare herbal cost me 100AUD
3 lits of Wild Turkey is 150AUD
Then I have a super power juice (3000ml) for 400AUD, similar to a SZLC blade. When I drink 10ml heaven juice, then I feel there is no difference from a $50 blade with H3 in comparison to $600 bat.
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 2:28am
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

As is always the case, the market will determine if the price is justified.

A sheet of Tenergy 05 lasts me almost double of what MX-S that I played with before used to last.  In other words, T05 costs me about the same in real dollars as MX-S did or close to it.  Dignics will be a little more expensive, but if it lasts me around six months, which is similar to what T05 lasts, the cost of it is in the noise.  I spend more money on coffee.

In other words, I'l buy a sheet and see if I like it more than T05.  Price is not a deterrent if the durability is on par with Tenergies.

ILya

Dont know a tenergy user that claims that tenergy last more.than cheaper rubbers only a dude who is a pushblocker and only use tenergy to serve
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 2:34am
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

A sheet of Tenergy 05 lasts me almost double of what MX-S that I played with before used to last.  In other words, T05 costs me about the same in real dollars as MX-S did or close to it.  Dignics will be a little more expensive, but if it lasts me around six months, which is similar to what T05 lasts, the cost of it is in the noise.  I spend more money on coffee.

In other words, I'l buy a sheet and see if I like it more than T05.  Price is not a deterrent if the durability is on par with Tenergies.

ILya

Dont know a tenergy user that claims that tenergy last more.than cheaper rubbers only a dude who is a pushblocker and only use tenergy to serve

I am a power looper.  Tenergy 05 is consistent and lasts longer for me than any ESN rubber I have tried to date.  I have tried different Chinese rubbers, but no two sheets played the same and durability was all over the place.  Some lasted 3-4 months and others died after a week.  My time has value too.  Replacing rubbers takes time so the less I have to it the better.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 2:39am
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

ILya

Count me as one. In my experience, Tenergy definitely retains its original playing characteristics for a  longer time than MX-P and Stiga Mantra.
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 4:41am
I play T80 on my forehand. It for sure lasts longer than most ESN rubber. Most of the ESN rubbers only last one or two months, especially the newer ESN stuff.  Tenergy lasts at least 3 or 4 months unboosted. After three months I can start boosting it and get at least another 3 months out of it. The only durability issue with Tenergy is chipping and deterioration around the edge of the rubber. Also, with a lot of the new ESN rubbers, I have a big problem with shrinkage. If your ESN rubber happens to come off and you need to reattach it, its always too small. After the shrinkage, it plays much worse as well. 
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 5:22am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Originally posted by chop4ever chop4ever wrote:

100 of frozen deer velvet costs 50AUD.
100grs of Panax Gingseng costs 100AUD
Plus some different precious rare herbal cost me 100AUD
3 lits of Wild Turkey is 150AUD
Then I have a super power juice (3000ml) for 400AUD, similar to a SZLC blade. When I drink 10ml heaven juice, then I feel there is no difference from a $50 blade with H3 in comparison to $600 bat.
if drinking the reviver makes me write beautiful stuff like that I want to try too! LOL
Oopps sorry for my bad grammar writing...(maybe because of consuming too much Getafix's potion...)
I have counted my vote in.
There are some good points in Tenergy however it doesn't make me the great player.
in my level, what I actually need is a reliable bat that helps me to be confident in the final match of an Open tournament.
In order to come to the grand final, I need more energy drinks...
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 1:23pm

Also, with a lot of the new ESN rubbers, I have a big problem with shrinkage. If your ESN rubber happens to come off and you need to reattach it, its always too small. After the shrinkage, it plays much worse as well. 

pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

Also, with a lot of the new ESN rubbers, I have a big problem with shrinkage. If your ESN rubber happens to come off and you need to reattach it, its always too small. After the shrinkage, it plays much worse as well. 

"They shrink?!" Big smile
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 1:58pm
Never had any shrinkage with Tenergy or MXP rubbers... maybe I don't glue them correctly LOL
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 2:14pm
my Vega Pro and Vega Euro don't shrink
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 2:39pm
Every rubber will shrink if you or someone will glue your rubbers incorrectly by rolling them with a roller/bottle hand etc and cutting them perfectly flushed with edge of the blade. Such way of gluing stretches the rubber so once you remove glue it will go back to its UN-Sctretched shape, unless u roll it like before u will have visible blade areas....
Also same happens to those players that buy rubber then they boos it first without cutting it to shape of the blade first. So they boost it, then they glue it then they cut it. After booster wears off the rubber starts shrinking to original shape....LOL
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

my Vega Pro and Vega Euro don't shrink

That is correct. Not every ESN rubber experiences this problem. I'm currently playing Baracuda on my backhand, it doesn't shrink at all. Its worse with the newer generation of ESN rubbers. Gewo Nexxus shrinks like crazy. 

...and to the point about not rolling and stretching your rubbers... Yes, i get that. I know not to roll the rubbers on so firmly as it stretches them. Gewo Nexxus and Rasanter for sure still shrink significantly even put on softly. Someone mentioned MX-P, I haven't tried it. 

Edited by ericd937 - 02/28/2019 at 4:22pm
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
patelaaaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patelaaaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 4:31pm
Interesting. Strange that Palio AK47 keeps expanding when ever I try to change it from blade to blade. However, the sponge expanded to an extent that rubber lost its properties and no longer bouncy. Being said, one of the EJ players at the club suggested that to avoid such shrinkage, don't roll the rubber aggressively when you attach it to a blade for the first time. Just put slight pressure while rolling just enough to rubber stick to the blade. Ofcourse, it might also depend on the quality of glue used and how long it has been aired before getting it on to the blade. I use regular elmer rubber cement , 2 layers on the new/old rubber, air it for about 5-8 mins prior to putting it on the blade
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by patelaaaa patelaaaa wrote:

Interesting. Strange that Palio AK47 keeps expanding when ever I try to change it from blade to blade. However, the sponge expanded to an extent that rubber lost its properties and no longer bouncy. Being said, one of the EJ players at the club suggested that to avoid such shrinkage, don't roll the rubber aggressively when you attach it to a blade for the first time. Just put slight pressure while rolling just enough to rubber stick to the blade. Ofcourse, it might also depend on the quality of glue used and how long it has been aired before getting it on to the blade. I use regular elmer rubber cement , 2 layers on the new/old rubber, air it for about 5-8 mins prior to putting it on the blade

I usually lay the sheet on the blade first and then start rolling from the Top of the Head to the handle. This way, even if the roll has any forward stretch, it won't cause the sheet to be stretched out when being stuck fresh. 

I have rarely had problems with rubber shrinkage but I know for a fact that MX-P, Rasant series and Rasanter series do tend to shrink. So do some of the other ESN rubbers. 

Even with me being extra cautious in not rolling it outwards, instead rolling it inwards, I have seen these rubbers shrink but I always use a thin layer of booster to get them back to the original size. 
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic