Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Upgrade for Waldner Senso Carbon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zigster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zigster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrade for Waldner Senso Carbon
    Posted: 03/04/2019 at 3:46am
I've played for several years with a WSC, but I've been struggling for quite a while already with the plastic ball and am looking for something that is a bit faster and more solid. Needs to be good for looping, but also decent for blocking and BH punches. Would Joola Rossi Emotion/Aruna OFF be suitable? Any other suggestions? Not keen on Butterfly blades (don't really like the handles and rather expensive), but I do like the Innerforce-type construction (which WSC has, with carbon around the core).
Sponsored Links

YoAss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoAss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2019 at 4:04am
I've had a custom blade built once I thought I'd come to terms with my specific needs, and haven't ever regretted that.

That being said, have you considered the DHS H301?
zigster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zigster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2019 at 5:00am
I did not play with it, but I had a H301 in my hand, and did not like the handle very much. Too narrow (although grip tape could solve that of course).
YoAss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoAss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2019 at 5:14am
Well, being comfortable with the handle is important of course.  Another blade with a similar construction I've seen quite a few players be very happy with is the Joola Rosskopf Emotion.  Its handle is a bit thicker.
serr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2019 at 5:54am
xiom offensive s - wide fl handle, stiff, soft, tons of spin and stable bh punches. Also cheap
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2019 at 6:22am
Waldner Senso  Ultra Carbon

Ovtcharov Original Senso Carbon  

Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2019 at 8:56am
Within the Donic line, I found Persson Carbotec to be an upgrade to WSC. It´s more solid, harder, faster and with less vibration than WSC.
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2019 at 11:30am
Donic crest ar+. 
Is one step faster, stiffer, more precise. 
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2019 at 1:25pm
+ 1 for Donic Ovtcharov Senso Original.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2019 at 8:30pm
I went from wsc to wsc jo shape to mizutani zlc. Best choices ever
zigster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zigster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2019 at 4:52am
Originally posted by jackass22 jackass22 wrote:

Donic crest ar+. 

Curious - Donic's own website rates this slower than WSC, but I've read on a couple of places that it is faster. 
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2019 at 7:12am
Originally posted by zigster zigster wrote:

Originally posted by jackass22 jackass22 wrote:

Donic crest ar+. 

Curious - Donic's own website rates this slower than WSC, but I've read on a couple of places that it is faster. 

I used to own a WSC, it was absolutely terrible. It was very slow and seem to absorb the incoming speed and power. However, a clubmate of mine had a WSC. He let me hit with it a few times and it was quite good. At that time, we were both using Andro Rasant Grip on the backhand, so it was very easy to compare blades. He also agreed that my WSC sucked compared to his. So, depending on your WSC, it could be faster or slower than Crest Ar+. 

If I were to suggest an upgrade for my clubmate's better WSC, I would suggest Xiom Zetro Quad. Any blade was better than the WSC which I owned. I'm not sure why that one was so bad. 

Edited by ericd937 - 03/05/2019 at 7:18am
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2019 at 7:35am
ericd937

probably yours WSC was much lighter then your friend's WSC. Does why feels different
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2019 at 2:01am
+1 to WSC weight differences. I had a JO shape that was ~80 grams and it was not very good. 85 grams or more, it plays great.
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2019 at 3:03am
The same weight of crest ar+ is one step faster then waldner senso carbon.

On donic website are more incorrect informations. F.e. head size of crest is in reality 152x158 mm.
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2019 at 2:40pm
I would go with Primorac Carbon!
it has all you need, great for punches, great looping, and definitely faster than your senso blade.

If you like how your blade plays, then stick with it rather then changing blade maybe try some new faster rubbers?
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2019 at 2:41pm
or you can still play with same initials blade WSC, except make it Werner Schlager Carbon!LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic