Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unsealed Donic BS and Tibhar MX-P

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
racquetsforsale View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unsealed Donic BS and Tibhar MX-P
    Posted: 03/16/2019 at 1:41pm
The sheets of Donic Bluestorm and Tibhar MX-P I received from Dandoy came naked in their cardboard packaging inside thin plastic sleeves with round perforations. In other words, completely unsealed. Is this normal? Don't these rubbers start degrading the second they're exposed to air. If so I don't know how long they've been sitting essentially opened at Dandoy before they were shipped to me.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links

anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2019 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by racquetsforsale racquetsforsale wrote:

The sheets of Donic Bluestorm and Tibhar MX-P I received from Dandoy came naked in their cardboard packaging inside thin plastic sleeves with round perforations. In other words, completely unsealed. Is this normal? Don't these rubbers start degrading the second they're exposed to air. If so I don't know how long they've been sitting essentially opened at Dandoy before they were shipped to me.

Thanks.

The packaging you described sounds exactly like it is for these rubbers. Nothing wrong in the packing. If you buy from a big retailer  chances are that you will get fresh stock as their stock keeps moving  
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2019 at 9:41pm
Hi, I am curious about the packing. can you please send pictures ?
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2019 at 10:11pm
Something wrong with the packaging. They generally come sealed. do post photos.
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2019 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by racquetsforsale racquetsforsale wrote:

Thanks.

Thin plastic sleeve with round perforations is the original packaging for MXP. It doesn’t have vacuum sealed, airtight packaging...
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2019 at 12:04am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Something wrong with the packaging. They generally come sealed. do post photos.

When you say sealed do you mean vacuum sealed like the hurricane neo series or just sealed in a plastic with holes for aeration as the OP described. I have never seen any single sheet of these two that came vacuum sealed.
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
racquetsforsale View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2019 at 10:48pm
Thanks for the responses, guys. The packaging is long gone. I was expecting them to be vacuum sealed. They weren't; perhaps they don't need to be.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2019 at 12:45pm
No they are not vacuum sealed. To my knowledge the reason H3 Neo comes vacuum sealed is because it has GLUE pre-applied. Obviously if it wasn't sealed, the glue would harden/dry out over time.
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2019 at 7:51pm
I have just received and glued a MX-P. What puzzles me is how could we know when the rubber was produced?  Is the factory tunning still there? The only way I guesss is to wait and see if the rubber will drop the performance after 3 months or so     
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2019 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

I have just received and glued a MX-P. What puzzles me is how could we know when the rubber was produced?  Is the factory tunning still there? The only way I guesss is to wait and see if the rubber will drop the performance after 3 months or so     

If you bought it from a large retailer, e.g. T11, I wouldn't worry too much about it. They probably get new batches all the time. 
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2019 at 5:52am
I got in from Amazon.de. Actually I don't care if the rubber is tuned or not. Even better if the booster is gone cause I like it the way it is. To me more important is to maintain the same characteristics after let's say 5-6 months at least. This rubber stays on my competition blade and I will not use it more than once a week
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2019 at 2:31pm
The beauty of mxp ..besides its price.. is that it requires ZERO adjustment when coming from the tenergy series.  It doesn't feel too hard or too soft, it feels like a slightly boosted t05/t80. 

Edited by notfound123 - 03/19/2019 at 2:32pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic