Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

competition preparations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chin_penholder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chin_penholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: competition preparations
    Posted: 11/11/2006 at 7:45pm

what do you guys do before tournaments? any conditioning or training? with the last week before teh game?

Sponsored Links

pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2006 at 1:35pm
I used to be involved in this kind of thing(not as a player):
If you have done your work the last week you taper (reduce)your work so that you are hot on the day. So maybe study video of yr opp.
But to do this properly you plan a whole season:
couple months weights running in summer then table tennis practice couple of months then dip to do a small tourmament. So your whole year is geared to peak yr effort at the event most important to you, but during the yr you will have mini peaks and dips in training to cope with lesser events.
If you havent done this planning before, you can benefit anyway by not doing yr heavy practice just 2 days before yr major tournament.
Hope this helps
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2006 at 2:10pm
Read my blog at http://www.varghesepallathu.com/vp/blog/. Will give you some tips.
darcycudmorepei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darcycudmorepei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2006 at 9:39pm
I just thin about it alot.  It helps me take it serious which makes me focus.  I always think for the worst and never say "I have this one" I used to and well, I lost to someone who shouldn't be aloud to play table tennis
FAMERICAAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FAMERICAAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2006 at 2:04pm

When im at training I Play in....

En then im training on what i did/do wrong (little things) such ass closing my bath a bit more or my footwork and that is what im doing also in the competition

so lets say how i train on training thats how i play and it helps

The Speed and Spin 'Controles'me
sunflex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2006 at 3:28pm
killah who are you
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic