FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Butterfly Dignics 05 Reviews?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2019 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by sidespinBH sidespinBH wrote:

Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

Second session today with Dignics on the backhand. Its super easy to play this rubber on that wing. Very very good. 

How are the blocks with d05 compared to ten 05 ? 
Is it easier to play and counter ? 
Pushes and touches are any better ? 

How does it compare to t05 on FH , is it better ?

I don't particularly like T05 to be honest. So, I would say everything is better with Dignics vs T05. Counters, Looping backspin, pushes, and shot game are all better with Dignics. The only area I can think of that T05 might beat out Dignics is ease of spin production on serves. Thats it. Dignics is a much better rubber in my opinion. But, keep in mind this is coming from someone who doesn't really like T05. 
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
Sponsored Links

vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2019 at 11:24pm

Originally posted by sidespinBH sidespinBH wrote:

Second session today with Dignics on the backhand. Its super easy to play this rubber on that wing. Very very good. 

How are the blocks with d05 compared to ten 05 ? 
Is it easier to play and counter ? 
Pushes and touches are any better ? 

How does it compare to t05 on FH , is it better ?

I don't particularly like T05 to be honest. So, I would say everything is better with Dignics vs T05. Counters, Looping backspin, pushes, and shot game are all better with Dignics. The only area I can think of that T05 might beat out Dignics is ease of spin production on serves. Thats it. Dignics is a much better rubber in my opinion. But, keep in mind this is coming from someone who doesn't really like T05. 

What were you using prior to D05? It sounds like T05 is just too soft for you and you needed a bit harder rubber. 
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2019 at 11:31pm
I was using T80. 
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2019 at 11:36pm
Well, I was using T80 on forehand and Baracuda on backhand. Initially, I played Dignics in replacement of the T80 on forehand, but eventually figured out that it had more benefit on the backhand side. So, I simply flipped my paddle around and it has stayed that way ever since. The main reason that I initially decided to try Dignics on backahnd is because I felt my forehand serves were slightly inferior with Dignics. With Baracuda, its a bit easier to generate spin on service. I thought about twiddling, but I don't really like doing that. 

Edited by ericd937 - 06/04/2019 at 11:42pm
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2019 at 10:36am
Quick durability update.

I put a new sheet of D05 on the FH and new sheet of T05 on the BH at around the same time a couple of months ago.  I do not practice very consistently, but I do practice and I am pretty hard on rubbers.

D05 after the first couple of practices softened slightly and stayed the same after that.  T05 lost just a little bit of its topsheet bite and then settled in as well.

Both rubbers are still playing well. Visually, T05 has some signs of wear.  D05 looks quite unmolested.

We'll see how it goes further.

ILya 
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2019 at 12:57pm
After some time playing with two blades: one with D05 on one side and T05 on the other and the second with F05 on one side and T05H on the other, I finally ended up simply going with D05 on both sides.  It fits my game very well and fits my rather stiff Mazunov blade very well.

I did experiment a little with a more flexible blade that does not bounce as much (old Stiga Bengtsson) and had a stayed with that blade, I would likely be playing with T05H on both sides.

D05 clearly has better over the table control in my hands, so it tames the Mazunov blade for me.  T05 and T05H on the Mazunov were not great for short game.

Generally, the biggest difference for me is that D05 topsheet is grippier and clearly more durable than Tenergy topsheet (and both last longer for me than ESN products).

Away from the table there isn't much difference between Tenergy and Dignics.  There are some differences in throw angle, but that is simply a matter getting used to it and the adjustment is not big.  Dignics clearly handles humid environments better than Tenergy though.

On a flexible blade, Dignics did not feel as stable as I would like on blocks, but on a stiff Mazunov blades blocking is excellent.

The one part of my game where Dignics is still giving me trouble is BH punch.  Counterloop is excellent, but punch does not work as well as it did with T05H where I could just drive/hit through spin.  I have a suspicion I will get used to it, but either way that is a small price to pay.

My original Dignics sheet is going strong and not showing signs of wearing out any time soon.  I'll keep playing with and we'll see how it goes.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
Peraake View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peraake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2019 at 5:19am
Anyone tried boosting Dignics?

Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2019 at 4:44pm
it is fast and not so hard already i don't recommend.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2019 at 7:04pm
There are people boosting T05 so I'm sure there will be people boosting D05 since it's harder. 

But ya, D05 really doesn't need to be boosted, at least right out of the package. It's a very fast rubber. 
Peraake View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peraake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2019 at 4:46am
Anyone has actual personal experience from boosting dignics?

...maybe an A+B test with an unboosted side together on the same blade?

Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2019 at 5:36am
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

After some time playing with two blades: one with D05 on one side and T05 on the other and the second with F05 on one side and T05H on the other, I finally ended up simply going with D05 on both sides.  It fits my game very well and fits my rather stiff Mazunov blade very well.

Away from the table there isn't much difference between Tenergy and Dignics.  There are some differences in throw angle, but that is simply a matter getting used to it and the adjustment is not big.  Dignics clearly handles humid environments better than Tenergy though.

On a flexible blade, Dignics did not feel as stable as I would like on blocks, but on a stiff Mazunov blades blocking is excellent.

ILya

That throw angle is taking me a long time to adjust to. I now use D05 on FH. As you said, the 2 rubbers do play similarly. But it's so frustrating sometimes when I play a normal tenergy stroke and expect the ball to land on the opponents side, but it then hits the net. I know 2x players who now play with T0H both sides for that reason.
However, I'll be sticking it out for a while longer.
BTW, how do you clean the D05, just water as normal?

Edited by Tinykin - 08/11/2019 at 9:19am
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2019 at 10:12am
For most people T05 will just be much easier to loop with. D05 commands higher quality stroke and you can't just do whatever you did with T05 and expect the same result. Water is fine for cleaning any rubbers. That's what I do and have never had any issues. Maybe once or twice a week I use one of those cleaners.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2019 at 11:00am
Have you seen these Dignics 05?

Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2019 at 11:54am
I played against a 2200 guy in a local tournament a few days ago and he used D05 on his FH. It was meh.. nothing special, devastating, or anything like that. Spinwise it was the same you would get playing against someone using Tenergy. 

When the rubber is extremely spinny you would often misjudge the bounce when the ball dips more than you expect (if you ever played against a high level Hurricane user, you know what I am referring to). D05 was not that kind of rubber. Very predictable and (in my opinion) pretty much identical to the T05 series.

Edited by notfound123 - 08/16/2019 at 11:55am
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2019 at 8:53am
Originally posted by vik2000 vik2000 wrote:

For most people T05 will just be much easier to loop with. D05 commands higher quality stroke and you can't just do whatever you did with T05 and expect the same result. Water is fine for cleaning any rubbers. That's what I do and have never had any issues. Maybe once or twice a week I use one of those cleaners.

" D05 commands higher quality stroke" Good observation.
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2019 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

NO
Peraake View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peraake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2019 at 5:12am
i tried Boosting dignics 2.1 red backhand, one thin layer falco longbooster. Then i let sponge soak it up an stabilize.
Left it to rest for three days. It had a small dome. 
Forehandside was 2.1 dignics without booster.
I use it zjk super zlc.
Dignics is very good untouched but for me the small amount of booster on backhand side worked overall a little better than the unboosted on this blade.
I will continue to use a slightly boosted and well rested dignics on backhand.
For forehand I need a different character

Edited by Peraake - 08/30/2019 at 5:52am
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2019 at 11:14am
Any update on the durability?
Slowhand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slowhand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2019 at 1:42pm
I've been using D05 bh and T05 fh about 2 months now (~100 hours). T05 ready to be replaced, D05 still going strong. I'd be surprised if I don't get another month out of the D05. In the past I've usually replaced both sides (T05) at the same time.
Nelt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2019 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

Nothing special -it’s sample. 
I had first t05hard in Russia in same packaging. 
scdit46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scdit46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2019 at 6:36am
My style is defense modern (blade Matshushita) using T05 on FH, mid distance and topspin with low speed but very effect.

Is D05 for me?

regards 
chongqinghotpot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chongqinghotpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2019 at 9:29am
so far I have not seen convincing reasons to switch from tenergys to Dignics, especially for FH.
USATT rating 2200
05Vis64
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2019 at 9:47pm
Dignics .. to boost or not to boost is my biggest question Ermm🙄
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2019 at 12:57am
Originally posted by chongqinghotpot chongqinghotpot wrote:

so far I have not seen convincing reasons to switch from tenergys to Dignics, especially for FH.
On the contrary, I suggest using it on the FH.
A 3-4 years ago, I was using T05 on FH and T64 and BH. I have been using H3N on FH and T64 for 3 years now. I recently put a T05 and D05 to my blade.
Although on softer contacts, D05 felt a little softer than T05, on harder contacts it feels more stable and does not bottom out. The balls follows the racket angle more closely and you can use a more closed angle.

If you are used to the grippy Chinese stuff on FH, D05 is a better match for FH. I am astonished by the grip it provides...as this is something non-tacky and hybrid rubbers lack. You can just drive through topspin or backspin like you can with H3N.

On the BH, I felt it was a little bit hard for topspin, especially when you go for a big rip. On controlled shots and putting the ball on the table it was OK, but I felt I could not hit through the sponge on the BH.

Edited by ashishsharmaait - 08/30/2019 at 12:58am
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2019 at 4:21am
I was also curious to try this rubber but my mind was frozen from the thought of the price. Lucky a club mate proposed me his just cut D05 for less than the half price. Unfortunately or not it is 1.9. N
I placed on my BH hut of course tried it on the FH as well
First impressions :
- super spinny serves and pushes
- surprisingly fast
- very easy to block
- easy to drive loop
- opening loops aren't what I hoped for
- smash can be tricky

.....so far so good. Love the overall control, stability and predictability the D05 offers
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2019 at 12:14pm
I heard Btfy finally lowered the Dignics price by whole 5 dollars. True?
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
chongqinghotpot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chongqinghotpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2019 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

Originally posted by chongqinghotpot chongqinghotpot wrote:

On the contrary, I suggest using it on the FH.
A 3-4 years ago, I was using T05 on FH and T64 and BH. I have been using H3N on FH and T64 for 3 years now. I recently put a T05 and D05 to my blade.
Although on softer contacts, D05 felt a little softer than T05, on harder contacts it feels more stable and does not bottom out. The balls follows the racket angle more closely and you can use a more closed angle.

If you are used to the grippy Chinese stuff on FH, D05 is a better match for FH. I am astonished by the grip it provides...as this is something non-tacky and hybrid rubbers lack. You can just drive through topspin or backspin like you can with H3N.

On the BH, I felt it was a little bit hard for topspin, especially when you go for a big rip. On controlled shots and putting the ball on the table it was OK, but I felt I could not hit through the sponge on the BH.
D05 feels softer than t05 on soft shots? That is intriguing, considering the sponge is a few degree harder.
USATT rating 2200
05Vis64
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2019 at 8:19am
Until the price is same as tenergy it won't sell no matter what.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2019 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

Until the price is same as tenergy it won't sell no matter what.
Not a helpful comment.  

Clearly, there are some people who can't or won't pay extra to switch from Tenergy to Dignics, just as there are people who won't switch from all those $50 rubbers to Tenergy.  We have a whole range of price points in the rubber market, all the way down to $10/sheet Chinese stuff.  They suit different customers, depending upon budget and personal preferences.

On the other hand, I've met people at a variety of skill levels (2400 all the way down to 1300) who can afford Dignics, don't mind the price (at least, not enough to stop them from buying it), and who choose to use it.

This thread should be useful for discussions of the playing characteristics of Dignics, including durability.  But the whole question of price need to be put to bed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic