Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AK47 Red vs TinArc 3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AK47 Red vs TinArc 3
    Posted: 04/22/2019 at 7:12am
Hey there

Has anyone played these two rubbers? I am looking for in depth comparison between AK47 Red vs TinArc 3 H37 both in black.

I tried AK47Red and now I know exactly what I don't like about it (too bouncy). 

Thanks
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
Sponsored Links

patelaaaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patelaaaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2019 at 1:10pm
AK47 RED favors blades with low throw. I've had used this rubber on FH , with my H301 which inherently is a low throw, so compensates with the bounciness of the rubber and gives enough safety over the net. I've not played with TinArc 3 though (not a fan of tacky rubbers)
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2019 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by patelaaaa patelaaaa wrote:

AK47 RED favors blades with low throw. I've had used this rubber on FH , with my H301 which inherently is a low throw, so compensates with the bounciness of the rubber and gives enough safety over the net. I've not played with TinArc 3 though (not a fan of tacky rubbers)

Do you know if it's low throw blade or not? How would one figure out blade "throw" in general?
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
patelaaaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patelaaaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2019 at 4:24pm
My opinion on low throw (subjective): 
If the blade is stiff = Less dwell time = Less body rotation (snap the ball the instead) to compensate High throw
If the blade is flex = More dwell time = More body rotation to even out Low throw. 

Throw angle factors varies from blade to blade. 

I've found H301 having low throw due to the above reasons. I've moved on from Palio AK47 to Xiom vega euro on FH, as I've noticed that even though AK47 RED was bouncy, it was more direct and producing less arc on the ball. Where as Vega Euro is more consistent, producing higher arc. 

Edited by patelaaaa - 04/22/2019 at 4:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic