FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

SDC Handmade Blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 252627
Author
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2023 at 2:01am
For my 900th blade I just wanted to make something simple and classic looking. I had some Hinoki cores for a while, but never used them, so I decided to do it for this one. It's a stiff blade as the frequency reading suggests, but not that fast, although it has the characteristic springy nature of Hinoki.

Available FS.

- Hinoki / Glassfiber / Hinoki / Glassfiber / Hinoki
- 90.4g
- 6.75mm
- 155x148mm
- FLSQ (100x22.5mm)
- 1507Hz
- Balance: 3.7cm (High)

SDC Handmade Blades / www.sdcttblades.com / Insta - @sdc_tt_blades / Facebook - @SDCblades
Sponsored Links

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2023 at 2:24am
I've tried this HL5 style composition with almost every type of AC weave in my arsenal, AC-I was the only one left. Compared to regular AC-# it feels slightly stiffer, slightly softer, a little more Bh oriented.

Available FS.

- Limba / Ayous / AC-I / Ayous / AC-I / Ayous / Limba
- 88.8g
- 5.95mm
- 157x150mm
- FL (100x25-23mm)
- 1290Hz
- Balance: 3.2cm (Med)

SDC Handmade Blades / www.sdcttblades.com / Insta - @sdc_tt_blades / Facebook - @SDCblades
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2023 at 2:08am
A slow outer fiber blade, direct Koto feeling and tamed vibrations but on a lower speed class than usual.

Available FS.

- Koto / Innegra / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / Innegra / Koto
- 87.4g
- 6.0mm
- 157x150mm
- AN (100x24.0mm)
- 1120Hz
- Balance: 2.8cm (Low)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2023 at 2:01am
Recently I got my hands on this beautiful "fish scale" Koto and this is the first time using it. This pattern happens when wood is cut at a certain angle and it exposes the medullary rays, which are perpendicular to the growth rigs. Not all wood species have them, and they can be hard to find even within the same species. In terms of performance it's exactly the same, so it's mostly a visual change. This particular Koto is slightly softer than the one I normally use, but that has to do mostly with the tree it was cut from, rather then the "fish scale". In terms of composition it's a relatively thin 7 ply, with progressively harder layer towards the core, so we have a Kiri core instead of the usual Ayous. This gives a crisper initial feel on low impact, but a bigger holding sensation on harder shots. A little steeper price than usual because this is going to be a unique piece (in terms of handle). I usually make this design with Padauk, it works well because the endgrain must be pointing up to achieve that particular look, and not all woods are appropriate for this. I decided to try Black Walnut for this one, and I regretted the decision almost immediately, it was a pain in the a** to get it right, so you won't be catching me doing it again 😅.

Available FS.

- Koto / Framiré / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / Framiré / Koto
- 88.4g
- 6.35mm
- 157x150mm
- ST (100x27x23.5mm)
- 1205Hz
- Balance: 3.2cm (Med)

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2023 at 1:59am
This was supposed to be a custom order, my dumb self still believes in the honesty of people, but sometimes it doesn't turn out that way. But no harm done, just used an handle design of my choice and here it is. Originally I was asked for a very soft feeling, so despite having ZLC on the Bh side and being a little more direct on that wing, it's still softer than usual. Speed-wise I would probably classify it in the bottom OFF range. The engraving on the Bh side might resemble something, I'm not sure what 😅.

Available FS.

- Koto / ALC / Ayous / Kiri / Ayous / ZLC / Koto
- 85.8g
- 5.9mm
- 157x150mm
- FL (100x25.0-22.5mm)
- 1380Hz
- Balance: 2.8cm (Low)

mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2023 at 4:56am
Originally posted by Hipnotic Hipnotic wrote:

Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

@Hipnotic, I do not see it in the FS section of the website :(

Because it was already sold, sorry.

Can you build something like dhs 08 old style blade?
Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2023 at 3:20am
At the moment I ran out of Basswood, but it can be done. I once built something similar but using Hinoki and Basswood:

Hipnotic View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hipnotic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2023 at 3:24am
I usually refrain from putting heavy blades for sale here, there is general limit and most people consider anything above 90g too heavy. Well, that's because they only look at the weight of the blade, and not that little last piece of information I give which is the balance. Most commercial blades nowadays use fineline for their handles, and this is a relatively light material, so it just doesn't have the mass to counter act the weight of the head, resulting in head heavy blades. Because this material is also consistent in weight, generally speaking a heavier blade will also be more head heavy, the weight difference is on the composition itself, and not the handle. This blade could easily have 85g if I used a much lighter handle material, but in this case I chose to use Pau Ferro, which literally translates to Iron Stick. It's a very heavy wood, but the feeling in the hand is nothing like holding a regular blade, it feels like you are holding an expensive piece of furniture. For the composition I'm using Burma Teak, which feels like an harder Limba, and in general the blade feels like a step up from a Primorac for example.

Available FS.

- B. Teak / B. Teak / WRC / B. Teak / B. teak
- 99.0g
- 5.75mm
- 158x152mm
- FL (100x25-23mm)
- 1248Hz
- Balance: 1.8cm (Very Low)

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2024 at 1:29am
Originally posted by Hipnotic Hipnotic wrote:

I usually refrain from putting heavy blades for sale here, there is general limit and most people consider anything above 90g too heavy. 
I just bought sheets of Fastarc S1 in 1.8mm (3=1 at tt11) to slap on my 99g 1900+hz 11-ply blade (the one in my avatar) and the total weight including handle wrap and edge tape is a very balanced 186 grams (40g per cut sheet including glue), my ideal weight. I did not try it yet. I discarded the risk of a mushy setup since I will insist on hitting and smashing v. spinning and I have seen strong 2100 players using very fast blades with Desto F3 Big Slam: their game was mostly about rallying and putting the ball away at the 1st opportunity with a big "pop" speed glue style so my hopes are high, it's what I always liked to do anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 252627
  Share Topic