Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JOOLA Rossi Emotion PBO-C

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JOOLA Rossi Emotion PBO-C
    Posted: 11/06/2019 at 8:46pm
Just received my new JOOLA PBO-C blade based on Rossi Emotion. Its quite a blade! The handle is very comfortable. It’s a 7-ply blade with Hinoki on the outer ply. It’s supposed to be a controlled Offensive blade with good touch/dwell. It retails for about $220 and looks amazing. Will post a review once I’ve hit with it. 
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
Sponsored Links

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2019 at 9:04pm
hey man! How’s your club doing? is your son getting better? What about your own game? Nice to see you posting!
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2019 at 11:08pm
club is doing well. Almost 2 years since we first opened. My son is doing well and won the U2050 3 months ago, and got 2nd in U2050 the last tournament. I’m doing fine. I won the U2250 and have been training lately for the teams. 
I have switched to Rhyzer 45 on my backhand and am pleased with that rubber. The new Rossi PBO-C blade sounded like a blade I would like so I ordered one. I just put some rubber on it and will try it out tomorrow. 
jujudock76600 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujudock76600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2019 at 4:01pm
hello, i Am very happy to read your next review

Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2019 at 7:36am
Is it carbon inner like the old rossi emotion?
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2019 at 10:48am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujudock76600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2019 at 8:36am
hello, did you try it? Could you compare with the rossi emotion ? 
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2019 at 10:23am
I put a sheet of short pips on FH in 1.8, and Rhyzer 45 in max on BH. The blade has a high throw angle and I would rate the speed as a fast All+ to a slow Off-  
The blade construction / quality is very high. I think this blade is very good for a controlled looping game from close to mid distance. I prefer something a little faster for my short pips so I’ll continue searching, but if you’re looking for a high control blade for looping you may like this. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujudock76600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2019 at 10:47am
thanks a lot, i ll try nobilis this week, if it s too fast for me, may ne we could trade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujudock76600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2019 at 10:48am
is your blade heavy ? 
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2019 at 2:43pm
it’s 85 g
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2019 at 3:03pm
any plan to test the Energon Super PBO-c in the future or do you think it might be also too slow for your liking?

manuvernillo View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manuvernillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2019 at 5:35am
Hi everybody,

I am playing with a Nobilis since one year, which is a 5 layers Wood + PBO-C blade, with Hinoki as outer layer. It is a fast blade, not an extremely one, with superb control and good touch, in the sense that you can feel the ball on the blade when you hit it. It is not an hard blade, but a medium one with good speed if you do the right movement. 

The new Rossi Emotion PBO-C, according to Joola, should be faster and harder, even if the outer layer is Hinoki. I am very curious about that. Apart from being a new version of the famous Rossi Emotion, it seems to me that it is an updated version of Nobilis too! Maybe faster but still with Hinoki. I am very curious about it. Too expensive to buy a new one yet, but who knows... 

More accurate reviews would be great!
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manuvernillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2019 at 5:36am
I tried the Energon from a colleague: faster and harder than Nobilis, less control. Not suitable for me, but if you are a strong attacking player, playing closer to the table, hitting more flat, than it would be a good choice. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujudock76600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2019 at 7:51am
bonjour pourrais tu comparer nobilis avec émotion et rossi force? 

Edited by jujudock76600 - 11/12/2019 at 8:00am
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manuvernillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2019 at 7:56am
Never tried Emotion and Rossi Force, can not help... 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujudock76600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2019 at 8:00am
merci

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujudock76600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2019 at 2:05pm
Le forumeur Cornel m a aidé:

Salut J'ai joué pendant un certain temps avec le vieux Rossi Emotion, donc ... Je peux dire que c'est plus rapide, que de bonnes sensations et un bon contrôle, mais que vous pouvez vraiment le devenir avec Rossi PBO-C à l'époque des balles en plastique. The plis hinoki out of the range and PBO-C near the center (technologie innerfibre) les tours de top tour plus puissantes. .

Edited by jujudock76600 - 11/12/2019 at 2:06pm
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2019 at 11:09am
Ok, initially I said this blade was very high quality but a tad slower than I was looking for. I didn’t hit much with it first time, and just decided to keep looking. Recently got back from Joola Teams and decided to have another go with this blade. 
When you bounce the ball on the blade without any rubber the pitch is just a little higher than the regular Rossi Emotion. That tells me it’s faster than the regular Emotion, which is a best selling blade. Compared to the Nobilis and the Energon it’s slower and has more control, but it’s faster than regular Rossi Emotion. I let another 2200 player at our club hit with it and he loved the feel of it. He plays with a stiff butterfly blade. 
The flared handle is nice, but it’s slightly thinner, kind of like many butterfly blades. I’m going to order a straight handle version as the straight handle is slighter larger. The flared handle is fine, but if you have large hands you might want to wrap it with some tennis grip. 
Another 1700-1800 player at our club loved it too and will soon be buying one as well. 
One of the main things I learned at the Teams is faster is not always better. You have to have a blade that is a good balance of speed and control, and for me one that I can feel the back impact with. That’s where this blade shines. I’d rate it as Off- to Off in speed, with a good level of control and feel. 

Edited by AcudaDave - 12/08/2019 at 11:12am
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2020 at 12:28pm
Can you compare it to nobilis please?

Edited by Mickael - 10/18/2020 at 12:31pm
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2020 at 1:04pm
As I mentioned in my post above it's slower than the Nobilis.  It also has move vibration or "feel" when it hits the ball.  I like this blade very much, but now I prefer the new "Freeze" blade.  The Freeze is faster than the Rossi PBO-C, but it still has good control.  If you like playing with the Nobilis or the Energon you won't like the Rossi PBO-C, but if you like a good Off- to slow Off blade that has good feel, and is a great quality blade then you will like the Rossi PBO-C.  
BriDav12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriDav12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2023 at 11:38pm
i know this is 4 years old and a long shot, but can anyone compare the speed of this to a Timo Boll Spirit or Innerforce ALC/ZLC. To me, those blades are similar in terms of pace and I'm looking for something just a shade slower. Perhaps I should try the much cheaper Emotion first. Cheers 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic