FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Beijing IV rubber

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beijing IV rubber
    Posted: 01/24/2020 at 1:48pm
Weight: 66 grams
Hardness: Medium hard (approx. 38 degrees)
Speed: Off-
Spin: Very High

I remember that years ago I tested the Tuttle Beijing IV but it was at 36 degrees and was very soft. This is an updated version with a harder sponge at approximately 38-39 degrees. The topsheet is at medium hardness and the pip structure is very short. In fact, it is shorter than that of the Hurricane 3. This is an updated version and was customized by Achoomai of Pingponghouse in Thailand who also distributes Kokutaku 007 Pro. 

This rubber is designed more as  a backhand rubber for beginners intermediate level players alike. I glued this on the PPH Shark blade which is a carbon-aramid with koto outer plies blade. Teijing IV now is quite better compared to the old Beijing 4. The old Beijing IV has a tendency of bottoming out as the sponge is very soft. It was also slow for my liking. The updated version has increased speed due to a harder and better sponge. Speed is comparable to an untuned RITC Battle 2 (not pro) or untuned classic Hurricane  3 (non-neo). The topsheet is slightly tacky aand not as tacky as the Hurricane 3. I have the red one and the tackiness is very light (much lighter than a Sanwei National Target red).
The new Beijing IV is not too fast. It can be used by anyone even by beginners. It is different from the Kokutaku 007 Pro as the latter has a kick that you can feel on every shot while the Beijing IV has a characteristic of a semi-fast typical Chinese rubber. The spin is high although not as much s Hurricane 3 or Kokutaku 007 Pro. Beginners will appreciate this rubber as this is very user friendly. It is also not as sensitive to incoming spin compared to very tacky and slow Chinese rubbers.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

achoomai View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achoomai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2020 at 8:38pm
This rubber is designed for affordable backhand rubber but yet able to give quality stroke. After 1 time boosting, it gives euro feel. Due to its price , may worth to try.
My feedback : http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58844&PN=1#726094
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2020 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by achoomai achoomai wrote:

This rubber is designed for affordable backhand rubber but yet able to give quality stroke. After 1 time boosting, it gives euro feel. Due to its price , may worth to try.

Why would you suggest boosting a cheap backhand type rubber, does once boost last the rubbers life?
so why suggest a non plausible suggestion maybe you could explain more?

Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
achoomai View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achoomai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2020 at 12:00am
Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

Originally posted by achoomai achoomai wrote:

Why would you suggest boosting a cheap backhand type rubber, does once boost last the rubbers life?
so why suggest a non plausible suggestion maybe you could explain more?

Just my experience when compared this rubber with unboosted and boosted myself and compare to some Euro rubbers on the same blade. Only one time would not impact much on rubber durability. However , this rubber with new sponge just launch (BJ is existing topsheet) so not sure how speed glue effect can be maintained.

My feedback : http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58844&PN=1#726094
bars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2020 at 10:33am
looks like gambler topsheet
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2020 at 6:39pm
I just purchased Tuttle Beijing III Super Tacky. My red topsheet looks identical to your Beijing IV topsheet. It even has the same ITTF number 96-001. What the heck is the difference between these two rubbers? The sponge? 

The shop here in Saigon also told me that my Beijing III was a new version. He also said it was a 39 degree sponge, just like yours. Mine has a light pink colored sponge (It almost looks white in low light). I only played one short session with the rubber so far. I'm currently playing the rubber unboosted. I may try boosting it later, but I don't think it needs it so far. My initial impression is that it seems like a good rubber. Tacky enough to pick up a ball, but its much faster than my boosted H3Neo. 

Edited by ericd937 - 01/30/2020 at 6:42pm
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic