Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Arylate Carbon penholder - good buy?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
michaelmal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelmal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arylate Carbon penholder - good buy?
    Posted: 12/06/2006 at 7:18pm
Currently I am using 1-ply wood (Senkoh Z: similiar to Senkoh 1), and would like to change to more powderful blade with better hand-feel. Have seen Lendido (Arylate carbon + 3 ply wood) and Ekstaule (Arylate carbon + 5 ply wood) in a shop. Anyone has use Lendido and Ekstaule before? Any comment on the performance? Is is suitable for drive and block-defence?
Senkoh Z penholder
Sponsored Links

O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2006 at 8:00pm

do a lot of penholders play with arylate/carbon blades?  my friend is heavy rpb user and he is having trouble doing rpb with his timo boll. 

BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2006 at 8:10pm
I have Aspyte which is close to Ekstaule, and I don't like the feel, so I used it only for a short period. The report when the ball hits the blade is muffled, and I prefer either all wood blade or a carbon blade. One other thing that I don't like from Aspyte and Ekstaule (I tried a few hits with Ekstaule) is the thickness and the weight. If you are used to single ply, perhaps you can stay with it and buy either Cypress or Darker Speed 70 (or 90). If you have nothing against thickness of the blade, then take the 10 mm thick.
So, unless you really like the feel of Arylate Carbon (like Aspyte or Ekstaule), I would recommend you to stay with single ply or carbon blade.I have Schlager Carbon X-CS and it is very nice for hitting, the only negative point is the weight (92 grams)and the size that is a bit bigger than normal which requires larger rubber which means more weight.
The best is try before you buy.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

michaelmal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelmal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2006 at 8:21pm
Anyone wanted to sell either arylate carbon blade or carbon blade, I am interested to try one. Would consider seller from Malaysia will be more convenient. Once again thank you Aeoliah of your valuable comment.
Senkoh Z penholder
Ksix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2006 at 8:34pm
I use BTY Taksim which is a ary/carb blade and it's GREAT for rpb...
わが青春に悔なし
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2006 at 5:25am
Hi Ksix, I had Butterfly Taksim before and I noted that it has a hard feel, but I was not sure if this is the real characteristic of the blade because I sealed the blade too much, and because other arylate carbon blades that I tried is entirely different. Please tell me whether your Taksim has a hard feel.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Ksix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2006 at 10:53am

Hum... I sealed mine as well ... but it always had a hard feel, so it's probably the real characteristic of the blade...

わが青春に悔なし
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic