Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blade Suggestion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blade Suggestion
    Posted: 12/09/2006 at 6:19pm
I like to play a heavy looping from far off the table, with very rare defense, and I also like to play an offensive game up at the table. I am looking for a blade that will suit this style, does anyone have a suggestion? Preferrably I'd like the blade to be light, and not TOO expensive, less than 55 bucks. That price is flexible though. Anybody have a suggestion? I was thinking about the Andro BLAX ALL+ and the Stiga Offensive CR WRB. Are these good choices, if not, what else are? Thanks.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sponsored Links

shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2006 at 6:25pm
bty korbel and tibhar samsonov alpha
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2006 at 6:55pm
shij421, have you ever used Samsonov Alpha, if so can you tell about your experience with it? Thanks.
shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2006 at 7:16pm
samsonov alpha yes, I use it with magna and saviga glued. Magna on the forehand, the combo is quite speedy. The alpha is medium-soft with great dwell and a smaller than average blade. It's head-light, unlike the wrb system, and is very easy to swing. Though it's soft, the blade feels very solid. Looping, loop-driving, and blocking are great. No need to varnish the blade as I haven't experienced splintering problems. weight 80grams =) I feel that this blade needs to be combined with a harder sponged rubbers such as rapid, sriver, magna, etc to perform at its best. The flared handle that I have is quite comfortable, not as thick as the stiga energy master, which I didn't like, but bigger than the butterfly tbs handle. So far I've not found any weaknesses to this blade.
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2006 at 7:18pm
I heard the stiga ocr wrb was a great blade with very good touch
Blade Xiom Control 3/ALL+
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2006 at 7:32pm
how about the stiga tube carbo?
Tube Carbo
I've never used this but it has a reputation as a "looping machine".
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
HKdude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HKdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2006 at 8:20pm
I use allround CR WRB and its has ok speed. It has alot of vibrations and is pretty good for anything. I has pretty long contact time and is quite flexible. The only drawback I think is the vibrations
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2006 at 9:56pm

Originally posted by shij421 shij421 wrote:

samsonov alpha yes, I use it with magna and saviga glued. Magna on the forehand, the combo is quite speedy. The alpha is medium-soft with great dwell and a smaller than average blade. It's head-light, unlike the wrb system, and is very easy to swing. Though it's soft, the blade feels very solid. Looping, loop-driving, and blocking are great. No need to varnish the blade as I haven't experienced splintering problems. weight 80grams =) I feel that this blade needs to be combined with a harder sponged rubbers such as rapid, sriver, magna, etc to perform at its best. The flared handle that I have is quite comfortable, not as thick as the stiga energy master, which I didn't like, but bigger than the butterfly tbs handle. So far I've not found any weaknesses to this blade.

thanks alot for the help shij. do you know if would work well with JUIC Driva Smash Ultima? I really like this rubber and would like to continue to use it on my new blade.

shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2006 at 10:07pm
I've never played with the driva smash, I don't want to guess Perhaps others can provide insight about this rubber/blade combo.
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2006 at 10:28pm

thats ok

but what company makes saviga? thanks

shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2006 at 10:44pm
dawei saviga, ttman sells them.
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2006 at 11:49pm

ok thanks

i might try cole for inspirit

do u know if that will be good?

thanks again

shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2006 at 12:03am
do a search for inspirit on this site, you will find numerous reviews
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2006 at 12:11am
ok thanks
zerowings007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zerowings007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2006 at 11:07pm
Everyone is talking about old stuff.

let us give the people some review of the new stuff.

thanks for the help.
hjyoo99 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hjyoo99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2006 at 12:57am

I was going to recommend you to try Andro Kinetic Supercore All+. and realized you are already using it. try something new like Xiom Amati or Maximus.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic