Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bluegrip C1/C2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rinforzando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rinforzando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bluegrip C1/C2
    Posted: 07/07/2020 at 7:43am
Hi there,

These rubbers are out for more than a month and no one reviewed them yet. Is anyone planning to test them ?

Product information "DONIC BlueGrip C1"

DONIC BlueGrip C1 and C2 – The future is already here
Versions V1 and R1 of the BlueGrip were already a revolution: The best of both worlds in one rubber! Now DONIC is taking this development one step further. With the BlueGrip C1 and C2, DONIC has added two versions to this series that outshine everything that has come before them. The following also applies to these two versions: The DONIC BlueGrip has a tacky, Chinese-style topsheet, along with a sponge with a powerful catapult effect and incredible dynamic properties, the likes of which we only see from rubbers from Japan or Germany.
But there is more – these dynamic properties have now been increased even further. With a sponge hardness of 60°, the C1 version gives the ball an even greater arc when playing topspin strokes and provides even more speed, while the C2 has a slightly softer sponge and subtle differences in the pimple geometry, all of which provides further support for the softer playing feel.

DONIC BLUEGRIP C1
Technology: Full tension sponge, tacky topsheet. Heaviest (90 g) and hardest sponge (60°) in the BlueGrip series
Characteristics: Very hard! Maximum dynamics and heavily curved ball arc when playing topspin strokes, incredibly grippy
Recommended for: Forehand rubber for uncompromising topspin players looking to gain an advantage when serving and returning serves

DONIC BLUEGRIP C2

Technology: Full tension sponge, tacky topsheet. Slightly softer and significantly lighter than the C1 with values of 55° and 80 g respectively
Characteristics: Powerful catapult effect, incredibly spinny
Recommended for: Uncompromising offensive players that rely on speed and spin

Blade: Nblades power plant 1 ply Hinoki
FH: Rallys Redmonkey
BH: Spinlab Vortex 2
Sponsored Links

SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2020 at 7:45am
60 degrees are you kidding me?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rinforzando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2020 at 7:48am
Well, Xiom released a 60 degree rubber before, so I'm not anymore surprised.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2020 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Rinforzando Rinforzando wrote:

Are you kidding me though? I find MXP (47 deg) pretty hard ish
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rinforzando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2020 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Originally posted by Rinforzando Rinforzando wrote:

Are you kidding me though?

Unfortunately no :( Xiom Omega VII China Ying is at 60 degree. I don't think I will ever buy a rubber hard like that ever. I'm a twiddler and very hard rubbers doesn't fit backhand.

It is the new tendancy. Harder and harder every year. Before we had R53, then some Xiom at 55, now Rakza Z extra hard, Bluegrip C1, and others Xiom rubbers...

Edited by Rinforzando - 07/07/2020 at 12:24pm
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2021 at 9:37am
Which of the new ESNs of 50+ hardness has the highest throw? Is it BGC2 or maybe Dynaryz AGR?
I became a happy owner of a Dynasty Carbon blade, it's a nice feeling and controllable blade for various types of looping. It demands a harder rubber on FH, but I found that R53 or Gewo NX50 have lowish throw with this blade. I need something with a bit higher throw and a bit more 'chinese' behaviour.
What do the community think, will the BGC2 fit the bill?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rinforzando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2021 at 9:43am
Tried both, the C2 has a higher throw.
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2021 at 12:15pm
Russian national Team, on the top standing in Europa, all are now signed for DONIC.
Blue Grip 52.5 is really superb, all Russians are liking to this rubber as hell, yes it needs muscular power a lot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic