Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - LF: An old video of pro table tennis player serves
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

LF: An old video of pro table tennis player serves

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
22SAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 22SAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LF: An old video of pro table tennis player serves
    Posted: 05/02/2021 at 5:54pm
Hello,

I am looking for an old video, timeline from the early to mid-90's. This video is about 3:30-4:00 minutes in length and features serves from some of the best table tennis players from that time - Persson, Kim Taek Soo, Saive, Rosskopf, Primorac, Grubba, Waldner etc. The last one minute or so features only Waldner's serves with a tagline "JO does them all". The video also had a saxophone music background.

I had downloaded that video way back in 2007 from the Ares p2p fileshare software, and there were one or two YouTube videos that were of the same video. It was pretty cool, and I wonder if anyone here recalls that one and knows where I could find it? 

My hunch is that it's probably from the Reflex Sports DVD "More From the Wonderful World of Table Tennis".

If someone here has that video, could you please upload it? It'd be fun to be able to watch it again.

Thank You.

Edited by 22SAS - 05/02/2021 at 6:01pm
Sponsored Links

zzzuppp View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzzuppp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2021 at 5:06am
Your hunch is correct. 'More from the...' etc. NB it's about 2 hours long.

I have the video, but it's a VCR and I don't have the means to upload it.

In any case it's a Relexsports video and they own the copyright; I think you used to be able to find chunks of it on YouTube, but many YouTube videos deprive copyright owners of their rightful income. 

You can maybe still buy it from here, which is Reflex's official site. They reformatted many of their old VCR tapes onto DVD: https://www.tabletennisvideos.com

Edited by zzzuppp - 05/03/2021 at 5:09am
pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2021 at 7:28am
Originally posted by zzzuppp zzzuppp wrote:

In any case it's a Relexsports video and they own the copyright; I think you used to be able to find chunks of it on YouTube, but many YouTube videos deprive copyright owners of their rightful income. 

You can maybe still buy it from here, which is Reflex's official site. They reformatted many of their old VCR tapes onto DVD: https://www.tabletennisvideos.com

hi zzzuppp
i have a similar quest regarding a famous Li zhen shih rally which was shown on bbc or itv and was part of some famous sporting moments clip.
do you have any ideas??
I think teng yi was the opponent
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
zzzuppp View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzzuppp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2021 at 7:48am
Hi PPP, yes, I've heard about that clip a few times but never seen it...Final of the English Open 1982 I think, Teng Yi was about 15 y.o.

I wonder if the Beeb have tons of footage of TT back in the 70s/early 80s, when it was shown quite a bit more frequently.

Remember when the World Championships were on at Birmingham in '77? I remember it being shown on TV for quite a while every night. Where's all that footage now? there's some wobbly YouTube videos of highlights in bad quality and that's about all.
22SAS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 22SAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2021 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by zzzuppp zzzuppp wrote:

Thank you for confirming. I went ahead and ordered the DVD. 

On the copyright thing, I did hear that many years ago their lawyers went on YouTube and had many of those uploads taken down that were from their DVD series, that might explain why no video of that exists. Although, it seems they are not checking again since their JO Waldner series and some others are on YouTube. 

Anyway, I am glad they are still in business and selling those DVD's. I can finally get to see them again and own them too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic