Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 4K ULTRA HD Westchester TT January Open Highlights
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

4K ULTRA HD Westchester TT January Open Highlights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2022 at 7:08am
Did you hear about the curler who tested positive for drugs? He was a stoner.

First to ask is: What performance enhancing drugs, specifically, improves the performance of the curlers?  I have my speculations but I want certain verification so that I can Follow the Science.

More than a smidgen of skepticism arises from the posted report on the association of curling and the state of being "stoned."  A stoner of the 1950's and 1960's in the U.S. was consistently associated with the drug marijuana, which is a banned substance by WADA for its athletic performance enhancing abilities.

I know about this drug because I and my school classmates were presented in that time period with a movie produced by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, known as the FBI.  [Now, today, long after, it remains the only FBI movie I have ever seen.]  In the movie, it was, it stark terms, forcefully communicated to us the psychological outcome of the use of marijuana cigarettes was psychosis.  I remember this because that was when I learned the definition of the term.  [Readily available was the immediate contrast with tobacco cigarettes, which were favorably looked upon as they healthfully functioned to "clean out the lungs."  [My dad, a physician, smoked tobacco cigarettes (the Camels' brand was the overwhelming favorite among health professions such as physicians, even though it was widely know and accepted that "Lucky Strikes mean fine tobacco.")  I always presumed my dad wanted cleaned out lungs too.]

[An accompanying public health exercise of that time was the "Nuclear Bomb drill," in which we dutifully practiced in school.  Upon a chime, we would get up from our desks, drop to the floor and hide under our desk, shielding ourselves from the negative effects of a nuclear attack from the Soviet Union.  So impressed was I by this public health mitigation strategy that I have continued to practice this drill daily, accumulating decades and decades of emotional security as well as the assurance that if the Soviet Union does as anticipated, that I would be ready. 

To help keep the public health threat in mind, "air raid sirens" were installed on the top of school in our town, with a weekly testing of the systems blasting through the neighborhoods.  If used in an actual air raid by the Soviet Union, the under-the-desk drill is to be performed.]

It is due to this scientific understanding from the FBI of the effects of marijuana cigarettes that fosters the skeptical eye on the employment of this substance as a performance enhancing method used by the curlers.  In my long viewership of the sport of curling, I have never observed a psychotic curler, not one.  As a group, they seem the opposite: docile and serious, thoughtful and prudent, modest and reserved, analytical and perceptive.

I must, therefore, find myself unaccepting of this posting report.

Thanks.

Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic