Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D05 on Primorac Carbon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rollko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rollko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D05 on Primorac Carbon
    Posted: 07/01/2022 at 9:20am
Hi All,

Does anyone have any experience with an unboosted Dignics 05 (FH) on Primorac Carbon?

I'm currently using Dignics 09C and it works well in some scenarios, especially close to the table, however, it doesn't give me ease of use and confidence slightly away from the table.

Would Dignics 05 or any other alternatives be more suitable for a looping game slightly away from the table? I'm quite tall and have noticed that staying too close to the table impacts my FH rotation and correct stroke mechanics, due to the limited space around me available.
Sponsored Links

bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2022 at 4:08am
I can't answer the D05 part, but the Primorac is excellent away from the table... nothing really much faster than it that transfers the power.  It is a bit too non-dwell for me mostly, but I love it for reaching shots and easily fishing the ball back.

As for rubber choice, any rubber that is not too soft will work for far from the table.  You just got to give it some time to adjust to it.

Hurricane 2 has been like all Chinese rubbers hard to get used to but I stuck with it and now I'm looping really well with it from all distances on the Michael Maze.  
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
longrange View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2022 at 4:57am
Did you try t05 on primorac carbon?
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2022 at 3:54am
The only weakness that D05 has against D09c is in serve/receive and spin quality of opening loops. It's fast af and will allow you to blast winners past opponents easily LOL

I use it on my BH coz I love the speed it has without too much effort - allows me to focus on my FH. 
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
kprimorac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kprimorac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2022 at 4:40am
Hi,

I play D05 on both sides with Sardius 2nd gen short lens (same composition than Primorac except the handle is different) and very happy with this combo, you can still generate a lot of spin  and power while maintaining a good control even dwell time is a bit less longer than other blades (SZLC, ZLC, ALC..).

I played also with Schlager Carbon paired with D05 for around 2 years since Dignics are released but due the the weight of Schlager Carbon, I switched to Sardius .

Depending on your feel and your level, D05 could be an excellent choice with T5000 blades, Schllager carbon, Primorac carbon,….

Good luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic