Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Chose rubber (Hammond Pro @ VS Mendo MP)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
idchong3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idchong3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chose rubber (Hammond Pro @ VS Mendo MP)
    Posted: 01/16/2007 at 11:20am

I would like to chose a rubber for my forehand... my main characteristics of play is mainly on service and loop play... so i need a rubber that can generate loads of spin and give accountable amount of speed too... i have recently shortlisted 2 rubbers in my opinion gives me the best of speed and spin performance... previously i used H3.... Just wanna give other rubbers a try...

Anyone who can compare Mendo MP and Hammond Pro Alpha with H3...??

Thanks in advance...

Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
Forehand- Stiga Almana
Backhand- Palio CJ 8000
Sponsored Links

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2007 at 1:25pm
if you are not speedgluing, hammond pro-alpha will be loads faster than H3, and really produce its best spin on harder strokes.

imho, h3 pushes, blocks, serves and soft-loops better than pro-alpha. but (unglued) HPA is a better looping rubber on drives and hard contact with the ball.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2007 at 3:43pm
I think MP will be an easier transition from the chinese rubbers. It's fast but not as springy as alpha in the low end. Sponge wise it feels more like h3 than does hammond.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
idchong3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idchong3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2007 at 3:11am
oh really... Then i think i will chose mendo MP instead.. because of easier transition from H3.... in addition i play a short game and very seldom will engage into rallies...
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
Forehand- Stiga Almana
Backhand- Palio CJ 8000
HKdude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HKdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2007 at 11:06am

When I first switched from H3 to Hammond pro @, the first thing I noticed was the throw angle. It was Ok when I did slow to medium low spin shots. But when I did fast just below the net loops, most of them when into the net. I got frustrated since it was my first chinese to jap rubber thing and I didn't really know wot was goin on back about the throw angle. The thing is, the slight tackiness wore off really quickly.  The sponge was medium to hard but was quite springy. The topsheet was medium. The rubber was generally fragile.

I haven't tried Mendo MP but have tried Mendo Energy, if are interested or have any questions, pm me.

Heres a comparison thing.

Spin: H3> Hammond Pro @>Mendo Energy

Speed: Hammond Pro @= Mendo Energy>H3

Bounciness: Mendo Energy>Hammond Pro @> H3

Counter Looping: Hammond Pro @ = Mendo Energy > H3

Looping Backspin= H3> Hammond Pro @> Mendo Energy

Hope that helps. If theres any problems ask me. This is my first more detailed review

There are no stupid questions; only stupid people... I'm probably not referring to you
Adib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2007 at 11:42am
Ayooo, easy way is get new sheet H3 or Skyline then U change ur backhand rubber with mendo energy.....
Blade:Nittaku Rorin 9mm,Xiom RSM Gold,TSP YAMATO-K 10.5mm
Rubber:Black 38 degree Hurricane 3 Provincial
HKdude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HKdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2007 at 9:48pm

Dats wot i use as well.

LKT random blade, TG3 and Mendo Energy. Quite good indeed.

There are no stupid questions; only stupid people... I'm probably not referring to you
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic