Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Donic Desto F1 hard sponge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
???? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ???? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Donic Desto F1 hard sponge
    Posted: 01/26/2007 at 12:33am
Has anyone here played with this rubber? Donic says the hard sponge (50 degree hardness) has been made to feel like medium sponge because of the in built speed glue effect, is this actually true or does it just feel really hard? Also i heard from a couple reviews that the surface of the destos is kinda waxy/oily not really grippy, but it is said to be very spinny. How exactly does this generate alot spin? I've got an idea but im not sure and does it even generate alot of spin, more than a very grippy rubber, and can it generate good spin on quick compact strokes? which is a big part of my game. Also does this rubber have nice feeling even though its a hard sponge.
Sponsored Links

Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2007 at 2:56am
Originally posted by ???? ???? wrote:

Has anyone here played with this rubber? Donic says the hard sponge (50 degree hardness) has been made to feel like medium sponge because of the in built speed glue effect, is this actually true or does it just feel really hard? Also i heard from a couple reviews that the surface of the destos is kinda waxy/oily not really grippy, but it is said to be very spinny. How exactly does this generate alot spin? I've got an idea but im not sure and does it even generate alot of spin, more than a very grippy rubber, and can it generate good spin on quick compact strokes? which is a big part of my game. Also does this rubber have nice feeling even though its a hard sponge.
Haven't played with F1 HS but currently play with F1. Do not pay too much attention to manufacturer's description cause tensor rubbers are kinda special. F1 is medium. Feels like sriver EL glued in terms of hardness. F2 is soft , such as sriver fx and F3 is very soft. The "waxy/oily" surface look has been corrected in the new desto formula serie. I currently play with both F1, new and old and I feel them to behave exactly the same. It does generate a lot of mechanical spin due to its softness and its dynamism but, very surprisingly, it does not suffer from oponents spin too much. That's what I usually dislike in spinny rubbers and here I'm not bothered at all. On the contrary, I feel very confident in the block, service return, pushes and general passive game. Therefore, I assume that, provided donic applies the same "upgrading scale", F1 HS should feel the same hardness than standard sriver. No way like a real 50� chinese rubber which feels like a brick. Enjoy !
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
???? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ???? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2007 at 3:41am
thanks
car-guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote car-guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2007 at 11:31pm
Just try it a few days ago, the HS is still very soft, if you want a good rubber with good bulit it speed glue effect, try the Andro 470
???? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ???? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2007 at 5:10am
its not the sponge that is soft its the way the sponge and the topsheet are made together and the softness of the topsheet. i was sent the desto f1 by accident not the f1 hard sponge, the sponge feels medium hardness but the whole rubber feels fairly soft so im gonna get the hard sponge that will be perfect, its excellent rubber.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic