Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Need Rubber Suggestion.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kashuken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kashuken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Rubber Suggestion.
    Posted: 02/13/2007 at 7:16pm
I am a Chinese penholder and I just recently changed my year-old Hammond X (max) to Bryce max for my forehand.  I noticed my loops have more "pops", but the consistency of my blocks suffers as a result.  My friend suggests that I should stick with the good old Hammond, but I am wondering if you guys would have any other suggestions.

-ken
Sponsored Links

shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2007 at 7:18pm
how recent? Perhaps you need to give it some more time Wink
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
Ksix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2007 at 7:34pm

Yep. Give it some more time...but if hammond worked for you then I dont see why you should get a new rubber :)

わが青春に悔なし
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2007 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Kashuken Kashuken wrote:

I am a Chinese penholder and I just recently changed my year-old Hammond X (max) to Bryce max for my forehand.  I noticed my loops have more "pops", but the consistency of my blocks suffers as a result.  My friend suggests that I should stick with the good old Hammond, but I am wondering if you guys would have any other suggestions.

-ken

Do your blocks go into the net or fall short now with Bryce?
Kashuken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kashuken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2007 at 12:39am
With Bryce, everytime I try to block a loop, it would just fly over the table (does not land on the other side at all of course).  Maybe I should try 1.9 mm sponge?
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2007 at 1:01am
Maybe it will take some more time to get used to the new rubber.
By the way, what is the weight of your Violin C without rubber ?
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2007 at 1:18am
You can try to block the loop (that goes to your FH and close to your body) with the head of the blade point downward which will allow you to adjust and close the blade easily.

With Bryce I think you probably have more trouble blocking on your backhand, right?  Move your thumb onto the shoulder of the blade and press it down and forward to keep the ball low and from flying over.  I think you just need to close the blade a bit more to give you more consistency when blocking a loop.  If your FH shots are better with Bryce, I'd say stick to it.  Looking at your sig I assume your a penholder.  Anything to increase your advantage on FH is a good thing.
Kashuken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kashuken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2007 at 8:36am
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

Maybe it will take some more time to get used to the new rubber.
By the way, what is the weight of your Violin C without rubber ?

85g without the rubbers, but personally I don't mind the weight of two sheets of rubbers.  I tried it without the backhand rubber and it was way too light for me.

Oh and thanks everyone for the replies.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2007 at 8:51am
Hamond is a very non tacky rubber anyway, and after a year of use I can imagine it was like antispin. Bryce on the other is a fairly tacky rubber as butterfly rubbers go, or at least grippy. I would bet it's a matter of adjusting to the new rubber or simply waiting for the rubber to wear a bit. Maybe try punching your blocks a bit more with a bit more of a closed angle? Take control of that spin a little more.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
JEAus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEAus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2007 at 6:51pm
Hammond X is much grippier than plain Hammond, but it does lose its grip fairly quickly, so after a year i agree that it would be pretty dead.
Regards,
Jonathan
cheesyfromage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheesyfromage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2007 at 7:40pm
Joola Tango =D
blade = LKT
rubbers = tango + optimum
Kyle View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2007 at 12:08am
how does Bryce FX and Bryce differ ?
Pip Master View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2007 at 12:22am
bryce FX has a much softer sponge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic